Windows 10: Using virtual desktops for taskbars

Discus and support Using virtual desktops for taskbars in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there software (or how can one use built-in functions) to display taskbar and tray fullscreen on a secondary desktop, preferably virtual? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chowder-san, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Using virtual desktops for taskbars

Is there software (or how can one use built-in functions) to display taskbar and tray fullscreen on a secondary desktop, preferably virtual? I have quite a lot of stuff there and it would be nice to be able to manage it by switching to a secondary desktop and operate from there rather than snipe small icons in tray.

submitted by /u/chowder-san
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chowder-san, Oct 29, 2019
  2. HDMR Win User

Major Taskbar/Virtual Desktop Bug

I have given up on Microsoft fixing this issue, clearly a major problem for anyone who uses the virtual desktop feature (obviously the folks at MS don't).

Fortunately, there is a fix for this. Look for "taskbar tweaker". It's free. Once installed, right click on the tray icon and select advanced options. Scroll down the list and look for "virtual desktop order fix" and change that to 1.

This fixes the issues of taskbar icons moving when switching between desktops!

3. Different taskbar for different virtual desktops.

I have a issue with virtual desktops in Windows 10. When I use virtual desktops, there is a single taskbar that is shared between all of them, for eg : say I have Task Manager open on "virtual desktop 1" and Windows explorer on "virtual desktop 2" and I
    am currently on "virtual desktop 1", then in taskbar I see both Explorer and Manager open whereas on "virtual desktop 1" I can only use Task Manager.

The problem with this is that when I have multiple programs and many different Chrome windows open on different virtual desktops, the taskbar gets cluttered and almost defeats the purpose of multiple desktops.

So what I want is different "local" taskbar for each virtual desktop - like if I have Task Manager on virtual desktop 1, then I should only be able to see that in my taskbar when I am using that desktop. Is this possible ?

Sorry for my bad English Using virtual desktops for taskbars :)).

Please Help Me :)), Oct 30, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Using virtual desktops for taskbars

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Using virtual desktops for taskbars

1. Using virtual desktops for taskbars - Similar Threads - Using virtual desktops

2. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic: My organization recently moved our infrastructure to the cloud in Azure. We use Azure Virtual Desktop Preview to access VMs in the cloud to work. The experience is pretty seamless however when we open applications through Azure Virtual Desktop Preview some of the icons in the...
  3. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic: My organization recently moved our infrastructure to the cloud in Azure. We use Azure Virtual Desktop Preview to access VMs in the cloud to work. The experience is pretty seamless however when we open applications through Azure Virtual Desktop Preview some of the icons in the...
  4. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. After virtual desktop switch, taskbar buttons are rearranged!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After virtual desktop switch, taskbar buttons are rearranged!: Same issue reported December, 2019: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-desktop-switch-the-taskbar-buttons-are/c42ccb34-52dd-4ab8-a7a9-b072e3e7eb5cBut the issue still occurs 2023... Setting the group policy mentioned in above thread didn't solve...
  6. After virtual desktop switch, taskbar buttons are rearranged!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After virtual desktop switch, taskbar buttons are rearranged!: Same issue reported December, 2019: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-desktop-switch-the-taskbar-buttons-are/c42ccb34-52dd-4ab8-a7a9-b072e3e7eb5cBut the issue still occurs 2023... Setting the group policy mentioned in above thread didn't solve...
  7. After virtual desktop switch, taskbar buttons are rearranged!

8. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  9. working from home and using virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    working from home and using virtual desktop: Hi all, Due to COVID-19 I have to work from home, my company sent me with a laptop and dual monitors. They want me to use virtual desktop and the issue I am having is that I cant extend the displays... virtual desktop will only open and allow me to do things on only one...
  10. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...