Windows 10: Using vlookup with if

Discus and support Using vlookup with if in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi all,,,,, I am trying to retrieve the contents of a cell using vlookup and if, The cell will be either a number, a blank or the # sign. The first... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by donnylad, Nov 20, 2018.

1. donnylad Win User

Using vlookup with if

Hi all,,,,, I am trying to retrieve the contents of a cell using vlookup and if, The cell will be either a number, a blank or the # sign. The first part works ok using iferror and I want the if command to give me "" an empty string when it sees the # sign and that is the bit I get wrong as it will not accept this part.
    Here is my formula:
    =IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B$158,$A$27:$AH$76,$C$156+3,0),"")=IF(VLOOKUP($B$158,$A$27:$AH$76,$C$156+3,0)="#", "")
    It shows me #### or false
    Can someone help me please.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Nov 20, 2018

2. Excel

According to this article by Microsoft MVP Todd Ogasawara, vLookup is supported by Excel Mobile.
    Even though the aricle applies to Excel Mobile for Windows Mobile 5, I think this functionality should still be present in WM6 and 6.1.

Have a look at the article. It might help:

Excel Mobile Quick FAQs

Linley Meslier, Nov 20, 2018
  3. I have a WP7 with the beta of Mango and I am using Skydrive and Excel and have an issue with one excel workbook in particular

I have a WP7 with the beta of Mango and I am using Skydrive and Excel and it says "Can't edit workbook" What formulas can cause this so that I can get rid of them, I am guessing it is vlookup but that is the whole point of the spreadsheet. Is there a list
    somewhere saying you can use these formulas on excel mobile on WP7?

Thanks,
    Larry

hometownnerd, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Using vlookup with if

Excel

I cannot get vlookup to work in Excel Mobile 6.1.

Robert John Weir, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Using vlookup with if

1. Using vlookup with if - Similar Threads - Using vlookup

2. Unable to connect to PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop running on a Macbook Air

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop running on a Macbook Air: I have recently added the Microsoft Remote Desktop app to my iPad, and the remote connection works perfectly to my PC running Windows 10. I have just added the app to my Macbook Air and attempted to connect, but I constantly receive an error message - Error Code: 0x204. I...
  3. Screen Saver for use with my photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Saver for use with my photos: I have a great screen saver that I have used for years - Firehand Screen Saver. Unfortunately now that I have come to install it on a new PC it won't recognise the ID and PW required. The guy who wrote and marketed it is no longer trading - the problem with one man...
  4. C: drive gradually losing space while computer is not being used

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C: drive gradually losing space while computer is not being used: Has anyone had a problem where their C: drive fills up gradually for no reason even when the computer is not being used? I've gone through all of the troubleshooters to free up space, but freeing up space is not my issue....
  5. Copy files and *replace* them in another folder using CMD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy files and *replace* them in another folder using CMD?: Hello, I know there a multiple tutorials online about copying files from one place to another using command line. My question is, I want to copy one folder to another folder, only thing is I want the files inside it to be replaced directly, without any prompts asking for...
  6. Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files?: I am purging temp files and would like to continue to work. Can I open up chrome and work while this is being done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-my-computer-if-i-am-purging-windows/363b32fc-71f4-4ead-b8d8-17d268b3ae6c"
  7. Sign in to Office 365 with Google account using new Simpler Sign-on

in Windows 10 News
    Sign in to Office 365 with Google account using new Simpler Sign-on: We’re excited to announce Customer Preview of simpler sign-on from G Suite to Office 365! Many G Suite for Education customers have told us that they’d like to use Office 365, but their students have trouble remembering two sets of passwords. With this new solution, they...
  8. Windows 10 using Sandboxie - Emoji Picker Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 using Sandboxie - Emoji Picker Panel: With the browser opened by Sandboxie and using Winkey + point, the emoji panel comes up, but the emoji will not insert in the text. Nothing happens on the click. Using a non-Sandboxied browser, the emoji work perfect, no problem. The solution is provided by Barb of...
  9. use one app on 2 Systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use one app on 2 Systems: Hey everyone ! I've 2 PCs … a laptop and a Desktop and both of them runs on Windows 10 with same Microsoft Account ! if I wanted to buy Games like Minecraft am I be able to buy this game on Microsoft store and use it on both PCs at the same time with my Microsoft account ?...
  10. Should I use bet performance batterly slider option?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Should I use bet performance batterly slider option?: Hi, I just wondering whether it is best to use the best performance option on the battery slider when my laptop is plugged into the mains. I thought this would be the best option as when it is plugged in I don't have to worry about battery life. Does running it at best...