Windows 10: Using VMWare on Win 10.

Discus and support Using VMWare on Win 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This does come down to Win 10 Home version and Virtualization. I've been toVMWare Help and tried all the advice - nothing. I had to Reinstall Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Old_hand, May 21, 2020.

1. Old_hand Win User

Using VMWare on Win 10.

This does come down to Win 10 Home version and Virtualization. I've been toVMWare Help and tried all the advice - nothing.

I had to Reinstall Windows on my 3 months old office pc through no fault of mine [vide my problems earlier this month duringDownload].

Anyway, VMWare installed and worked fine before I had toReinstall Windows. The new available Workstation 15 has gone up an improvement, and now I can't installVMWare Tools.

Here is what I've tried:

Checking that Virtualization hadn't been turned off in the BIOS- it hadn't.

Making sure that the CD/DVD was looking at the System and not theD: - in fact I tried both ways, and still the VMWare Tools service was greyed-out in theVirtual Machine.

VMWare suggested opening VMWare in Program Files 32-bit and installing the Tools from there, but the program insisted that the XP Guestshould be 64-bit and not 32-bit.

Can anyone help, please?

:)

Old_hand, May 21, 2020
  2. mei-das Win User

vmware installation

Hi, I have attempted to install VMware Player 6.0 on my Windows 10 device, but received a notification that the app was blocked from Win' 10. Any suggestions?

mei-das, May 22, 2020
  3. Disk usage 100% when run vmware on windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try running the VMware with admin rights.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on VMware.
    • Select Run as administrator.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 22, 2020
  4. Using VMWare on Win 10.

VMware Tools on Win 10 Stops after some time

Hi KrishAlive,

Everything about Windows 10 Enterprise is being handled by TechNet forums. I can assure you that they will provide an accurate resolution regarding the usage of your VMware tool in Windows Enterprise. Thus, you may try these as an initial troubleshooting
    steps:

1. Perform a clean boot to eliminate software conflict. Here's the link.
    2. Update the VMware app.
    3. Uninstall and reinstall the app.

If the same issue persists, you can relay all the information you have tried for further and in-depth troubleshooting steps from TechNet forums. You may refer to this

link
    . Please click the "Asked a question ribbon" to create a new thread.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Raymond Ave, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Using VMWare on Win 10.

1. Using VMWare on Win 10. - Similar Threads - Using VMWare

2. using vmware 15 for running two virtual machines of 350 Gb on a laptop

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    using vmware 15 for running two virtual machines of 350 Gb on a laptop: I use vmware 15 workstation. and the virtual machines I have are 350 Gb, I have a laptop with 12 Gb of RAM and it becomes almsot unusabe for me to use my laptop. The memory which I gave to virtual machines is 2 Gb and 4 Gb so 6 Gb from my laptop is dedicated for...
  3. Unable to use keyboard and CTRL+ALT+DELETE for logging in to VMware Horizon Client. Screen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to use keyboard and CTRL+ALT+DELETE for logging in to VMware Horizon Client. Screen...: Unable to use keyboard and CTRL+ALT+DELETE for logging in to VMware Horizon Client. Screen remains locked and no input taken. Please help me with this....
  4. Still Looking for "Virtualization" so I can use VMWare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Still Looking for "Virtualization" so I can use VMWare: There is no way I can get to the BIOS. I am told that I need to Upgrade to use Hyper-V. But there are still those out there that tell me I can useIntel VT-x on Win 10 Home by getting into theBIOS to enable "Virtualization". Using the in-house method, as I cannot move fast...
  5. Can I use windows installed from the media creation tool on VMWare while also running windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use windows installed from the media creation tool on VMWare while also running windows?: I want to create video tutorials on configuring some windows related setup. I have VMware installed on windows and want to create a windows virtual machine using the windows media created from this tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Will...
  6. Cannot use any VMware machines but cannot turn off Credential Guard to do so

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot use any VMware machines but cannot turn off Credential Guard to do so: I'm using Win10 18363.535 build, which should have already included the KB3213522 update. That update was supposed to fix an issue related to VBS. In turn, I know I have to disable Isolated User Mode in order to disable Credential Guard, but even that doesn't appear in the...
  7. How to use Windows Sandbox and VMWare or VirtualBox together

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Windows Sandbox and VMWare or VirtualBox together: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Sandbox makes use of the Hyper-V feature to run on a Windows 10 computer. But when this is enabled any third-party virtualization software cannot be run. This includes software like VMWare, VirtualBox and so on. But this limitation can [...] This...
  8. How to use dual monitor with VMware virtual machine

in Windows 10 News
    How to use dual monitor with VMware virtual machine: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]VMware does not allow you to use more one monitor for any guest operating system. However, you can bypass this default setting and use dual monitor with VMware virtual machine. Irrespective of which OS you have installed in the virtual [...] This post How to...
  9. VM's using VMware on W10 Host with Storage Spaces randomly fail

VM's using VMware on W10 Host with Storage Spaces randomly fail: Hi folks Running some VM's on W10 Host (x-64 PRO) with VMware workstation Rel 14 I get random failures if the VM's are on storage spaces. The same VM's work perfectly when on external SSD's or internal standard (non Storage space area) HDD's. The failures are seemingly...
  10. VMWARE using physical HDD's - IGNORE invalid Partition table error

VMWARE using physical HDD's - IGNORE invalid Partition table error: Hi folks. Specifically for VMWARE users although the results of using Raw HDD's on VBOX and HYPER-V should be the same - I think the partition error message only applies to VMWARE. If say you want to use entire Linux formatted HDD's on a VM then when adding these as...