Windows 10: Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.

Discus and support Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not able to restore file from my W7 backup disk using W10 backup/restore. I have seen that Microsoft-staff claims that the old W7 backup is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TerjeCarlsen, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.

I am not able to restore file from my W7 backup disk using W10 backup/restore. I have seen that Microsoft-staff claims that the old W7 backup is incuded in W10, but where? Is ther anyone who have a soloution?

:)

TerjeCarlsen, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Vagulus Win User

W7 version of Backup and Restore is running on my machine after upgrading to W10 and stalls completely ,while backup is in process

Original title: Does Backup and Restore (W7 on a W10 machine) lock the hard drive?

The W7 version of Backup and Restore is still running on my machine after upgrading to W10. I notice that the machine stalls almost completely - it's hard to get anything done - while backup is in process.

Is that normal or do I have some weird setting?

Thanks

Vagulus, Feb 18, 2021
  3. 5551212 Win User
    Reinstalling W7 after trying W10 2004

Thanks, are you sure what will work when you have W10 currently installed on the laptop drive? I have no doubt it will work when W7 is installed on the drive. I dont see how its different from is suggested by Smithers and I have already tried what he suggested
    before coming to this board for help. I already tried restoring a W7 image with W10 on the computer. As I said it wont allow me to proceed.

Also the installation USB I created has a W7 install CD image on it and by default the install CDs have the repair disk you are suggesting. We are all talking about the same tools and because W10 is installed on the drive I cant proceed except by reinstalling
    W7 then restoring the image IMO.

IF you can shed light on that I think it would help me more than to try something I know wont work.

5551212, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Bernie Win User

Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.

Restoring W7 backups

Hi Everyone.

Just prior to upgrading my W7 Home 32 bit OS to W10, I had to reinstall W7 to another HDD due to the original disc malfunctioning but without thinking, I then upgraded the newly installed W7 to W10 before restoring my backup. My question is:- Can I now restore my backedup files to W10 via Easus To Do Backup?

Thank you.

Bernie, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.

1. Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk. - Similar Threads - Using W10 restore

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading from W7 to W10

Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  6. ok loading backup from w7 to w10

ok loading backup from w7 to w10: hi i saved bookmarks and passwords from w 7 to a external drive. now i am trying to put them into new puter with w10 help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ok-loading-backup-from-w7-to-w10/3159fa56-dcd5-4149-8e3a-565f87d2e42d
  7. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  8. Return from W10 to W7

Return from W10 to W7: Is there anyway I can replace W10 with W7.This small notebook I purchased came with W8 installed and I then took the free upgrade to W10 but however hard I try W10 is not for me. 27444
  9. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...
  10. Restoring W7 backups

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring W7 backups: Hi Everyone. Just prior to upgrading my W7 Home 32 bit OS to W10, I had to reinstall W7 to another HDD due to the original disc malfunctioning but without thinking, I then upgraded the newly installed W7 to W10 before restoring my backup. My question is:- Can I now restore...