Windows 10: using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers

Discus and support using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To Whom it may concern: I work at a company that is slowly transitioning to windows 10. We have been using the wake-on-lan utility between windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LuvsCats639, Apr 10, 2019.

1. using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers

To Whom it may concern:

I work at a company that is slowly transitioning to windows 10. We have been using the wake-on-lan utility between windows 7 computers successfully. We can use the wake-on-lan utility between windows 10 computers successfully. Is there a way to use a windows 7 computer to wake a windows 10 computer or a windows 10 computer to wake a windows 7 computer? I have not found any information on the internet, in forums or from any system administrators . I have tried a windows 7 computer to wake a windows 10 computer with no luck. Anybody have any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance! using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers :)

:)

LuvsCats639, Apr 10, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Apr 10, 2019
  4. chuckc3 Win User

using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers

Wake on LAN Not Working in Windows 10

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • My desktop computer is connected with a wired Ethernet connection
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives magic packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

chuckc3, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers

1. using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers - Similar Threads - using wake lan

2. Computers not waking on LAN command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computers not waking on LAN command: Small network, 14 Windows 10 21H2 computersSome will wake on Remote Connection or Wake-On-Lan command, others will not, unable to wake one even when it is being used by another userAll show NIC as wake armedHybrid Sleep offWake Timers enabledOCI Express Link State OffUSB...
  3. Computers not waking on LAN command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computers not waking on LAN command: Small network, 14 Windows 10 21H2 computersSome will wake on Remote Connection or Wake-On-Lan command, others will not, unable to wake one even when it is being used by another userAll show NIC as wake armedHybrid Sleep offWake Timers enabledOCI Express Link State OffUSB...
  4. Computers not waking on LAN command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. LAN Networking between two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN Networking between two computers: My network between my two computers connected via a Gigabit switch does not work, I have to uninstall my ethernet connection and restart my computer to get it working and the networking falls out again when I restart the computer. Can anyone help, it's driving me crazy....
  6. Wake on Lan not working in Windows 10

Wake on Lan not working in Windows 10: Hi,The WoL feature in my system is not working in both Hibernate and Shutdown mode. I tried every possible solution yet I couldn't resolve the issue. I am running the latest OS build i.e., the insiders preview that was released recently. It is working fine in the sleep mode....
  7. Wake-on-LAN not working on Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    Wake-on-LAN not working on Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]Wake-on-LAN is an Ethernet networking standard that allows a properly configured network computer to be turned on or awakened by a network message. In this post, we will provide comprehensive solutions you can try to successfully resolve issues where Wake-on-LAN (WOL)...
  8. How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Whenever we work on multiple systems, sending files over the connection is what we prefer the most. After all being on the same LAN connection […] This article How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  9. network between Windows 7 and Windows 10 computer

network between Windows 7 and Windows 10 computer: I cannot see my windows 10 computer on my local ethernet network from a windows 7 computer. However I can see the public files on my Windows 7 computer from the windows 10 computer I get the message the You do not have permission to access the cocomuter...
  10. Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:: I'm trying to set a Windows 10 computer to "Wake on LAN' so that I can wake it up remotely and connect through Team Viewer. I found instructions telling me to go to Device Manager, Network Adapters, properties for the Realtek PCIe GbG card, advanced. On the instructions, I...