Windows 10: Using Win 10 - bluetooth keyboard

Discus and support Using Win 10 - bluetooth keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using Win 10 on a Toshiba Laptop - I'm attempting to connect a bluetooth keyboard to my laptop which was connected directly to my TV by HMDI cable so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimmydoc3, Aug 5, 2018.

1. jimmydoc3 Win User

Using Win 10 - bluetooth keyboard

Using Win 10 on a Toshiba Laptop - I'm attempting to connect a bluetooth keyboard to my laptop which was connected directly to my TV by HMDI cable so I can watch videos etc on the bigger screen, because I was having to use my wireless mouse to click on the windows "on screen keyboard" buttons to enter text in search boxes, which can be a very slow process

This was the result of my 1st 3 attempts and now I repeatedly only get the 3rd result each time now without any pairing code being shown

(Note : I have disconnected all other devices and tried to connect the keyboard again but this has made no difference to the results and situation below)

- 1st time my laptop screen asked me to input the code shown, but never said where ? so I entered the code using the BT Keyboard itself but this failed

- 2nd time my laptop again asked me to input the code shown on my screen (it was different code this time) and I attempted to use my on screen keyboard using my wireless mouse but this cancelled the enter code option when I clicked on the on screen keyboard icon

- 3rd and every time I now attempt to add the device I'm asked to enter the pairing code in a box now provided on the laptop screen (which was never provided on the 1st and 2nd attempt) but now it gives me no code to put in that box and I do not remember either of the 2 previous codes shown on my screen were ? Now I have no pairing codes shown at all to connect with my keyboard

Questions :

As the 1st two codes (approx 6 digits each time) were provided by the laptop were both different they cannot be standard manufacturer 0000 or 1234 etc code for keyboard

- Is the a way to by pass the bluetooth pairing code ?

- Is there a way to generate a new code in my laptop ?

Any suggestions would be helpful .... Thank you

:)

jimmydoc3, Aug 5, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Swandy Win User
    Getting "special" keys on Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to work with Win 10

I have Windows 10 (upgraded from Win 7.1) installed on an iMac on a Bootcamp partition. When I was running Windows 7.1, all the function keys (to control brightness, volume, music playing) worked perfectly. Now under Windows 10 none of them work. And yes, I did go into the setup and try turning on and off the check box for whether or not the keys performed as Function keys with and without holding the FN key.
    Any ideas/suggestions? If I go into Bluetooth devices, the keyboard is shown properly as an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard.
    Thanks.

Swandy, Aug 5, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using Win 10 - bluetooth keyboard - Similar Threads - Using bluetooth keyboard

2. How to use Bluetooth on win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Bluetooth on win 10: My computer is about as old as window 7 to the release of windows 11. the problem is THAT MY COMPUTER doesn't support Bluetooth. Because it has old core's processors and an old hard drive and those stuff. this the info of my PC.Device name DESKTOP-IGRRJ1J Processor IntelR...
  3. How to use Bluetooth on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Bluetooth on win 10: My computer is about as old as window 7 to the release of windows 11. the problem is THAT MY COMPUTER doesn't support Bluetooth. Because it has old core's processors and an old hard drive and those stuff. this the info of my PC.Device name DESKTOP-IGRRJ1J Processor IntelR...
  4. How to use Bluetooth on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trouble using multiple keyboards in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble using multiple keyboards in Win 10: I recently purchased a new desktop computer with Windows 10 Pro. I need to work with keyboards in 4 different languages 5 including English but I found that the operating system doesn't allow me to call up these keyboards layouts as needed. Most frequently it is the Icelandic...
  6. Bluetooth keyboard typing problem with win 10

Bluetooth keyboard typing problem with win 10: Hallo i have a typing problem using my Bluetooth keyboard. when i start to type , it doesnt type anything, i have to click again and retype to see words written, i tried it with IPAD and it works perfectly, i checked the keyboard settings and tried to change some but...
  7. problems with keyboard settings after using bluetooth keyboard

problems with keyboard settings after using bluetooth keyboard: Hi i used the below b.tooth keyboard with my acerswift laptop czech laptop. using it has changed the keyboard operation of my laptop - keyboard now types with the characters in blue as a default see photo. i have to use the the blue Fn button to get the normal letter - i...
  8. Bluetooth ..win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth ..win 10: Hi, My iphone is paired with the pc, but the bluetooth will not connet to my phone? Help pse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-win-10/14520385-5310-4a95-81e7-ab7161ddf718
  9. Connecting Apple Bluetooth keyboard A 1314 to Win 10 laptop

Connecting Apple Bluetooth keyboard A 1314 to Win 10 laptop: I am trying to pair the keyboard but do not have requested number to type in to confirm authenticity. How to delete installed info on laptop to get fresh connection, and thus the number...
  10. Can't use PS/2 keyboards on Win 10

Can't use PS/2 keyboards on Win 10: I found a bunch of my old keyboards from last decade, all in their boxes. Being that they are mechanical keyboards, I prefer to write on them. I have had no luck in all 3 of them. I got the small PS2 to USB adapter, got 2 of then, and the keyboards lights up initially and...