Windows 10: Using Win 10, if I "train" 1 computer to better recognize my handwriting, will that...

Discus and support Using Win 10, if I "train" 1 computer to better recognize my handwriting, will that... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any thoughts on this: Using "Handwriting Personaization > Personalize handwriting recognition > Teach the recognizer your handwriting style > Write a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crp852, Oct 17, 2020.

1. /u/crp852 Win User

Using Win 10, if I "train" 1 computer to better recognize my handwriting, will that...

Any thoughts on this:

Using "Handwriting Personaization > Personalize handwriting recognition > Teach the recognizer your handwriting style > Write a group of sentences.

If I train "computer 1" on all 50 sentences, when I log into "computer 2" using the same Microsoft account, will computer 2 benefit from training I created using the sentences I wrote on computer 1?

submitted by /u/crp852
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crp852, Oct 17, 2020

2. An interesting N97 bug with handwriting training

Ok so I have been playing with the phone and run into this

settings - phone- touch input- handwriting training

i select the training and on the letter a and c at least there might be more it tells me " drawn character is too similar to c"

now i want the letter c to be recognized, it does not recognize it. nor does it actually recognized the letter 'a' at least on my phone. it has been an issue with v10, v11, and now running on v12 same story NOT fixed.

update there are many more letters that the app does not recognize. Anyone else had a similar issue? Please post your findings as well. thanks

radical24---01, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Hi Jacob,

Since the Handwriting Personalization feature has worked properly before, there's a possibility that recent changes or updates performed on your computer may have triggered this problem or it could be that there is a need for you to improve the handwriting
    recognition on your Surface Pro by providing more samples of your handwriting. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Language options.
    2. Under Handwriting, click Personalize handwriting recognition.
    3. Select Teach the recognizer your handwriting style.
    4. Several options will be provided to you on what samples do you want to input.
    5. Once done, click Update and exit.
    6. Click Close.

In case you're still getting the same error when trying to have a word or letter recognized, then you may have to reset the handwriting recognizer and start from scratch. Here's how:

1. Navigate to Language options > Handwriting.
    2. Under Personalize handwriting recognition > Related Tasks, click
      Delete handwriting samples that you provided for the current language.
    3. Confirm that you want to delete it by clicking Yes, delete my handwriting samples and reset the handwriting recognizer.
    4. Once done, then try to re-establish your handwriting feature again.

Let me know the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 17, 2020
  4. MMO
    mmo Win User

Using Win 10, if I "train" 1 computer to better recognize my handwriting, will that...

Lousy handwriting reco - but recognizer refuses to update!

[if there is a better suited forum for this question please advise!]

I am handwriting on my MS Surface Pro 5 in two languages - English and German (at least I am trying to).
    The reco in English is - well - not good but somewhat usable. The reco in German is outright catastrophic and definitely UNusable! I went several times through the "Improve Handwriting" exercise in both languages.

In English at the end I always get a notification "Handwriting recognizer was updated for English" and my impression is, it actually helps a bit and reco improves each time (at least a bit).

In German, however, I invariably always get "Handwriting recognizer was NOT updated for German".
    ?#%@$! WTF!

I paid $$$ for this SP5 and its pen and being able to do handwriting input was one of the selling points!

I am VERY disappointed! What could be the reason that the recognizer for German refuses to get updated/improved by teaching it my personal handwriting?

Thema:

1. Using Win 10, if I "train" 1 computer to better recognize my handwriting, will that... - Similar Threads - Using train computer

2. Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again: Using windows 11, how to force the Surface 8 to scrap the handwriting and relearn from scratch. There are instructions that discuss going to control panel > language to delete handwriting samples. There are instructions to use the Shape Collector. None of that is correct...
  3. Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again: Using windows 11, how to force the Surface 8 to scrap the handwriting and relearn from scratch. There are instructions that discuss going to control panel > language to delete handwriting samples. There are instructions to use the Shape Collector. None of that is correct...
  4. would windows 10 be better for my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    would windows 10 be better for my computer?: I currently have windows 11 stored on an unsupported computer, the CPU is intel Pentium n3700, 4 cores, 4 threads.Otherwise it meets the correct requirementsthis CPU isn't on the official list for supported CPUs, and i heard from somebody that Windows 11's features, including...
  5. would windows 10 be better for my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    would windows 10 be better for my computer?: I currently have windows 11 stored on an unsupported computer, the CPU is intel Pentium n3700, 4 cores, 4 threads.Otherwise it meets the correct requirementsthis CPU isn't on the official list for supported CPUs, and i heard from somebody that Windows 11's features, including...
  6. would windows 10 be better for my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro: I upgraded from Vista to Win 10 Pro. Windows Pro seems to be working ok. When I try to upload the latest drivers for my Dell computer, I do not see the operating system Win 10. It only shows Vista and Win XP. How come It does not show Win 10 as a operating system...
  8. MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10 WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MY OFFICE PRODUCT KEY THAT I USED ON MY...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10 WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MY OFFICE PRODUCT KEY THAT I USED ON MY...: HOW DO I GET THE NEW COMPUTER TO RECOGINIZE THE PRODUCT KEY I HAVE IN OFFICE. IS THERE A CONTACT AT MICROSOFT OFFICE TO CHECK TO BE SURE THE PRODUCT KEY IS STILL GOOD. IT WAS LAST USED ON MY OTHER COMPUTER ALSO USING WINDOWS 10. WHEN I HIT THE WORD ICON ON THE NEW...
  9. Lousy handwriting reco - but recognizer refuses to update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lousy handwriting reco - but recognizer refuses to update!: [if there is a better suited forum for this question please advise!] I am handwriting on my MS Surface Pro 5 in two languages - English and German (at least I am trying to). The reco in English is - well - not good but somewhat usable. The reco in German is outright...
  10. WD My passport - Not recognized in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My passport - Not recognized in Win 10: I am having WD My passport Ultra (1tb) and its not recognized in any USB 3.0 ports, after initial one time! If I try my HDD in any USB 2.0 ports its recognized instantly. I tried reinstalling drivers from device manager, but same problem. PS: In WIN 7 OS, it gets...