Windows 10: Using Win10 shortcut to switch active program

Discus and support Using Win10 shortcut to switch active program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The two programs I use most often are Outlook and Firefox, and I often need to switch between them. I don't want both programs displayed on the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Odin99, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Odin99 Win User

Using Win10 shortcut to switch active program

The two programs I use most often are Outlook and Firefox, and I often need to switch between them. I don't want both programs displayed on the same screen. When I was using Win7 there was no difference whether I switched with my mouse or with the keyboard. Now however switching with the alt+tab keyboard shortcut takes me to an overwhelming number of thumbnails that I don't want to deal with, or sometimes a long list instead. Can I not use the shortcut without all the clutter?

:)

Odin99, Feb 4, 2020

2. E72 - Problems after updating to 52.005. No shortcut icons (Active is ON), cannot switch mode

Updated to the new firmware version 52.002 the other day. (Norwegian)

Alt the program shortcuts on the desktop are gone, even though "Active" screen is turned on.

If I try to switch mode from business to personal, nothing happens, stays on business.

If I try to edit the business mode and select "Open" on program short cuts to edit the list,
    nothing happens...

Updated to the new firmware version 52.002 the other day. (Norwegian)

Alt the program shortcuts on the desktop are gone, even though "Active" screen is turned on.

If I try to switch mode from business to personal, nothing happens, stays on business.

If I try to edit the business mode and select "Open" on program short cuts to edit the list,
    nothing happens...

Harald

haraldo---01, Feb 4, 2020
  3. wishihad Win User
    Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Using Win10 shortcut to switch active program :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

A question for Win10 users.

I want to do an upgrade as well, but I don't want to upgrade my Windows 7 key as I have a Windows 10 key too. I'm worried the Win7 key will become a Win10 key if I just upgrade.

With that said, so far the upgrades I've seen have worked out nicely. Some people have had minor issues, like tablet mode being activated on first launch, but generally it seems to work ok. At work they use a CAD program with an ancient CAD engine (really, really ancient), and even that just works. The real reason I want to upgrade is because then I get to keep the keyboard shortcuts I've associated with programs in the Start meny, in Windows 10 you have to add the shortcuts to the desktop if you want to make keyboard shortcuts.

Frick, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Using Win10 shortcut to switch active program - Similar Threads - Using Win10 shortcut

2. Using function keys to switch programs/windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using function keys to switch programs/windows: Is it possible to (natively) assign the F keys to bring to the forefront different programs or windows that are currently open? I've started a new job that has a lot of Windows automation/script/shortcut action going on and I really like this function. Haven't had a chance...
  3. Shortcut using file moving program

Shortcut using file moving program: Hello, I've recently bought a new hard drive and want to move some programs and files off of my OS drive to make some room. however, moving them manually would break multiple programs in annoying to fix ways; I've used niche programs like steam mover that use console...
  4. What is the keyboard shortcut to switch between windows in the same program

What is the keyboard shortcut to switch between windows in the same program: I recently switched from Mac to Windows, and it's effing my mind trying to figure out the Windows equivalent of keyboard shortcuts i am used to. So if I have explorer open with several windows. (I think it's called Explorer on Windows, on Mac it's called Finder)...then how do...
  5. Shortcuts switched monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shortcuts switched monitors: I have 3 monitors. all the short cuts from monitor 2 switched to monitor 1 and the short cuts from monitor 1 switched to monitor 2. Is there any way to switch them back with out doing each one manually? The third monitor stayed the same with it's short cuts. Thanks. 166908
  6. Using shortcut keys to open programs on Windows 10

Using shortcut keys to open programs on Windows 10: Hey Everyone, A few years ago I installed Windows 10 and thought it would be a great idea to add shortcut (function) keys to different programs like Microsoft Word, Excel and other programs for Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop for easier startup if say I was in a web browser and...
  7. Is there a way to directly switch user on Win10 by using fingerprint?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a way to directly switch user on Win10 by using fingerprint?: Using the fingerprint reader on my ThinkPad, Can we directly switch user account on win10 pro without log off user, by just put finger on the reader? (Windows Hello activated) 149175
  8. Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation: Ok so i had bought a prebuildt gaming pc from cyberpowerpc it came with windows 10 and it said in the manual the key was saved in the motherboard. I recently bought a new setup i buildt myself, and the only thing i transfered over was my ssd. With the new setup it said...
  9. firefox and Gmail shortcuts (etc) do not activate in new win10

in Browsers and Email
    firefox and Gmail shortcuts (etc) do not activate in new win10: I managed to get the win 10 download and on my first try after reboot the Gmail and Firefox (default usually) did nothing...When I printed in my site request into firefox there was no response... this applies to my Gmail shortcut and various others. I can only get on the web...
  10. Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts: On Windows 7 I used a keyboard shortcut (win+shift+left/right arrow) to quickly move a window between my laptop screen and external monitor. This is no longer working for me in Win10. Is that just me (does it work for you?) or did MS take this shortcut out of Win 10? TIA....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch user option missing

2. windows 10 switch user not showing