Windows 10: Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC

Discus and support Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Im currently building my new PC and couldnt find a definitive answer to my question: Can I use my current Harddrive in my new PC and still use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Herobrine24, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC

Im currently building my new PC and couldnt find a definitive answer to my question:

Can I use my current Harddrive in my new PC and still use Windows because of my Microsoft Account or do I have to purchase a new license for the new PC?

:)

Herobrine24, Aug 27, 2019

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC [​IMG]

MCardona81, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC

1. Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC - Similar Threads - Using Digital License

2. Hoe to use digital license on a second PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hoe to use digital license on a second PC: I currently run Win 11 on my desktop with a digital license. However, I also want to run Win 11 on my laptop, which currently runs Linux. Furthermore, I do not have bootable media for Win 11. How can I add my laptop with my license and put Win 11 on my laptop. Thanks very...
  3. How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?: I have bought 3 Windows 10 Professional licenses through the Microsoft store. I had them running on virtual machines on a vmware host. That host is having issues and I was trying to rebuild my Windows 10 images on VMWare Workstation instead. But, how do I move those licenses...
  4. How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?: I have bought 3 Windows 10 Professional licenses through the Microsoft store. I had them running on virtual machines on a vmware host. That host is having issues and I was trying to rebuild my Windows 10 images on VMWare Workstation instead. But, how do I move those licenses...
  5. How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Link digital license to different account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  7. Windows 10 digital license re-use

Windows 10 digital license re-use: Hi, According to activation settings page, I have a digital Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft account. In case I need to change to a new computer due to theft or upgrade, is this type of license eligible for re-installation? Which information will I need to...
  8. Activating windows 10 with digital license on different hardware

Activating windows 10 with digital license on different hardware: Hi all, I have a new PC built, and I am trying to activate windows 10 Pro using the digital license from my old Laptop. My laptop had Windows 10 Home OEM, and I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows Store. I tried contacting Microsoft Support by phone 3 times on...
  9. digital license used by another pc

digital license used by another pc: Unfortunately I linked another PC named DELL, installed with cracked window 8 pro version to my Microsoft account. When i download iso file of window 10 on that PC and updated it, window activate by my Microsoft linked digital license which was originally linked to my 1st PC...
  10. Transferring digital license to different account

Transferring digital license to different account: So, the digital license I was using before I replaced my motherboard is on an account that decided that the password I'm using is right is wrong. Confusing, but I want to transfer the digital license to my other account, so the activation will be easier. How does that work?...