Windows 10: Using Windows 10 Education Key didn't work, froze computer then installed Windows 10...

Discus and support Using Windows 10 Education Key didn't work, froze computer then installed Windows 10... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently received a product key for Windows 10 Education from McMaster University. The first time I entered the product key, it seemed to work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LucasChen5, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Using Windows 10 Education Key didn't work, froze computer then installed Windows 10...

I recently received a product key for Windows 10 Education from McMaster University. The first time I entered the product key, it seemed to work. However, after the progress bar finished, it gave an error saying it couldn't be completed and try again later. I then tried again, using the same key, many times. Every time it gave an error to use a different key as it doesn't work. Moments later, after like 5th try to enter the key, my computer froze and turned off. It showed an upgrade screen even though the errors told me the key didn't work. Once it finished, I went to check my windows edition,

:)

LucasChen5, Aug 25, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 25, 2021
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Aug 25, 2021
  4. jmcslob Win User

Using Windows 10 Education Key didn't work, froze computer then installed Windows 10...

windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Using Windows 10 Education Key didn't work, froze computer then installed Windows 10...

1. Using Windows 10 Education Key didn't work, froze computer then installed Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Using Education Key

2. Product key - educational windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key - educational windows 10: Dear,I have recently installed Windows 10 Pro Educational and the product key I generate via my academic software website is not working. The error it appearing is that the keys is in use on another device. I am using my university account from LUCA, School of Arts: *** Email...
  3. Windows 10 Education key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Education key: Hi, I installed Windows 10 Home on a PC without a key. I also have Windows 10 Education key from Azure I'm a student, but the system says that the key is not valid it wasn't used on any device, I tried to activate it in System settings. Do I have to install Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key.: Hi, I currently have an unused key for windows 10 education N to give a friend. They tried the key and it did not work on their PC. I assume its because when they installed the OS they chose windows 10 education instead of windows 10 education N for the version. To...
  5. Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working

Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working: Hi there...I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop, and just became a part time student again. I received a Key to upgrade my Home edition to Educational, but at the "Enter a product key" prompt to "Change product key," I'm getting an error stating that the product key I've...
  6. Windows 10 Education, product keys

Windows 10 Education, product keys: I work in university and we are using Windows 10 Education. Each student gets an account in Windows 10 Education and a product key. I am trying to use one of this product keys to activate my computer. Unfortunately, I get an error code 0x803fa067 while trying to activate it....
  7. Retrieve a used key for Windows 10 Education

Retrieve a used key for Windows 10 Education: Hello community. I'm finding myself stuck with an annoying issue these few days. My university provides 1 free Windows 10 Education key for every student, and I am trying to use it to activate my computer. The issue is, I already checked out the key a couple of years ago...
  8. My computer froze during a re installation of Windows 10

My computer froze during a re installation of Windows 10: My computer froze during a re installation of Windows 10 and now it won't go anywhere further than the black Windows screen with a loading sign before it resets and does the same thing over again for what seems like forever, I can open up BIOS sometimes and I've tried booting...
  9. Windows 10 Education product key

Windows 10 Education product key: Hi! I'm 14 and I just downloaded windows 10 education for my new PC that I built myself. How can I get a product key for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education-product-key/31971a9f-e3a3-4786-88bd-bddff10ad2fd"
  10. Windows 10 install froze?

Windows 10 install froze?: I started my windows 10 update around 10:00 last night. For awhile it seemed stuck in suspend mode (black screen, monitor light orange, computer light still on etc) and I was worried but eventually I got the update screen and it went from 30% to 56% in around 30 minutes or...