Windows 10: Using Windows 10 from an unusable computer to a new one

Discus and support Using Windows 10 from an unusable computer to a new one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 on an iMac with Parallels. However, after numerous problems, I have deleted the Windows 10 virtual machine so that it is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FFS MS, Aug 13, 2019.

1. FFS MS Win User

Using Windows 10 from an unusable computer to a new one

I installed Windows 10 on an iMac with Parallels. However, after numerous problems, I have deleted the Windows 10 virtual machine so that it is no longer on my iMac. What do I need to do, if anything, to install Windows 10 on a Windows laptop using the same product key that was provided when I purchased Windows 10?

:)

FFS MS, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Using Windows 10 from an unusable computer to a new one - Similar Threads - Using unusable computer

2. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  3. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  4. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...: Hi, just a couple of questions re transferring files etc from one computer to another.Both computers are "in sync" via One drive, etc. So theoretically, there should be no need to transfer anything to the new computer ?But is there a check i can do ?Also, once I'm satisfied...
  5. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...: Hi, just a couple of questions re transferring files etc from one computer to another.Both computers are "in sync" via One drive, etc. So theoretically, there should be no need to transfer anything to the new computer ?But is there a check i can do ?Also, once I'm satisfied...
  6. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Uninstall Retail Activation Key from a computer to use in a new one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstall Retail Activation Key from a computer to use in a new one?: Hi everyone, I’m on the fence about getting Windows 10 and I would like for know the following: If I activate my Windows 10 Retail Key with one computer and the hard drive breaks, how is the key transferable to a new computer? Similarly if I format my computer (to sell/give...
  8. Unused computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unused computer: My computer has not been used for a while and I need to know what type of updates are needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unused-computer/cec10aca-21d7-4248-a08b-5f5ff62ed5c5
  9. Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?: My laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Home has been recently stolen. I am going to build a new machine and my question is related to Windows 10. Can I transfer the license from that laptop to a new machine? I really hope that it is possible....
  10. Use Converted ISO from one hdd to a new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use Converted ISO from one hdd to a new one?: Not sure If my title is clear but here is what I would like to accomplish. My apologies if this has been answered somewhere else or needs to be moved. Download the free upgrade on my existing win 7 laptop but not install it. Make an ISO from the downloaded ESD file as...