Windows 10: Using Windows 10 product key to activate Windows 8.1

Discus and support Using Windows 10 product key to activate Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm just wondering if I can use my Windows 10 Home product key to activate Windows 8.1. I recently started using Windows 8.1 in a Virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by abylol, Jul 29, 2020.

1. abylol Win User

Using Windows 10 product key to activate Windows 8.1

Hello,

I'm just wondering if I can use my Windows 10 Home product key to activate Windows 8.1. I recently started using Windows 8.1 in a Virtual Machine and I really like it and I want to downgrade my main machine from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1. Problem is that I don't own a Windows 8.1 product key and my machine originally came with Windows 10. I just want to know if I can use my Windows 10 License on Windows 8.1.

:)

abylol, Jul 29, 2020
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Jul 29, 2020
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

KMS Keys: Appendix A: KMS Client Setup Keys

Windows usually activates as soon as you change the product key from the KMS key to your Windows 8 key. You are then free to either enter your WMC key or not.

FX-GMC, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Using Windows 10 product key to activate Windows 8.1

1. Using Windows 10 product key to activate Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Using product key

2. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  3. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  4. Activating Windows 10 using product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 using product key: So I got windows 10 for my PC some time ago, but have only recently purchased a product key. Both are official not pirated. Upon opening the activation menu I get this messageI am connected to the internet through wifi yet this error will not go away. It also appears upon...
  5. Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?: Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10? So there's a guy who was checking my PC and he asked if my Windows was pirated or Official, I said Official, then he asked me for the Product Id, he doesn't know that Product Id and Key aren't the same things, so...
  6. Windows 10 activation using a product key

Windows 10 activation using a product key: When I bought y laptop a few years ago, it had Windows 8 installed. I later upgraded to Windows 10. The hard drive later crashed and when I replaced it, it had Windows 10 Pro installed, but this is now deactivated. I have since bought a Windows 10 Home Product key but I am...
  7. Activating Windows 10 using Windows 7 product key

Activating Windows 10 using Windows 7 product key: Hi, we have a few computers which originally came with Windows 7 and OEM product keys. We have upgraded them to Windows 10 and some of these activated Windows automatically other needed product key entering, but we were able to activate all of these machines, originally...
  8. How to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key: I read this article. Is the described way using an existing Win7 key on my computer to install a new version of Win10 legal, if it's not an update? Thank you very much for answering!...
  9. Can an OEM Windows 7/8/8.1 product key be used to activate Windows 10?

Can an OEM Windows 7/8/8.1 product key be used to activate Windows 10?: Whats First Big Update (Which Arrives Today) I have read the above article. My understanding is that a user can clean-install and activate Windows 10 on a computer running Windows 7/8/8.1 that has never been upgraded to Windows 10 as long as the user has a valid Windows...
  10. Activating Windows 10 using a Windows 8 Key

Activating Windows 10 using a Windows 8 Key: Hi everyone, I'm thinking about installing Windows 10 pro using the virtualization station on my QNAP NAS. Because we're still in the free upgrade period and I have access to one Windows 8.1 Pro license key through my school for personal use, I was wondering how best to...