Windows 10: Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

Discus and support Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HI, Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional. 1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VinayakParab, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

HI,

Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional.

1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional product key to activate & use Windows 8.1 Professional?

2. As I have already purchased Windows 10 Professional License, don't want to pay again for Windows 8.1 Professional.

Please Suggest...

Thanks..

:)

VinayakParab, Dec 13, 2019

2. Upgrading Windows 10 Home Single Language to Windows 10 Professional using Windows 8 Professional key

Hi. I had purchased a Dell Inspiron 7559 that came with Windows 10 Home Single Language preinstalled. I had previously purchased Windows 8 Professional and have got the key for it. Can I use that key to upgrade the Windows 10 Home Single Language in my
    Dell to Windows 10 Professional? Is there any specific method to do it or is it as straightforward as Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Change product key and then enter the Windows 8 Professional
    product key to proceed with the upgrade?

JayeshLimaye, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

Hi,

Hoping someone can give me a proper and definitive answer on this as there are multiple conflicting answers.

1. Can you upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 Professional using a Windows 7 professional Key ?

2. Can you install windows 10 Pro and activate it using a windows 7 Pro Key ?

3. Can you upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 Pro using a windows 8.1 professional key

4. Can you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Pro key

5. If you are able to upgrade will that key now register as a windows 10 pro key and not a windows 7 pro key any more ?

6. After upgrading will you still be able to roll back to previous OS ? (incase you need to format and reload or for whatever reason)

I have also found two articles (Listed Below) stating that it is possible but would rather get a proper answer from the OEM

https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

Upgrade Windows 7 PRO Product key to Window 10 PRO Product Key

Thanks

Iceman12596, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

I need to downgrade Windows 10 from Corporate to Professional

1. Open the Settings app and click Update & Security.
    2. Open Activation and click Change product key.
    3. Enter your Windows 10 Professional product key and click Next.
    4. Restart the computer after the new product key is activated.
    You can force a downgrade with the default product key (VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T) of Windows 10 Professional, however this will not activate Windows.

MAZEN 1988, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

1. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional - Similar Threads - Using Professional Product

2. Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64: So I bought my PC about a year ago and got a license for Windows 10 Professional. The key was written on a box I got with the PC, however, due to unfortunate circumstances involving my mother just throwing away those boxes for no reason, I have lost the key. I have been asked...
  3. Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64: So I bought my PC about a year ago and got a license for Windows 10 Professional. The key was written on a box I got with the PC, however, due to unfortunate circumstances involving my mother just throwing away those boxes for no reason, I have lost the key. I have been asked...
  4. Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key for Windows 10 Professional Purchased in Microsoft Store

Product key for Windows 10 Professional Purchased in Microsoft Store: This is a company laptop.Initially it's running with Windows 10 Home not activated.Purchased Windows 10 Pro license through Microsoft Store Online & proceed with the online installation but failed. Restarted the laptop & found out the license indicates Windows 10 Enterprise...
  6. Retrieve Windows 10 Professional product key for a new PC

Retrieve Windows 10 Professional product key for a new PC: Hi all, Recently my old PC which had Win 10 Pro on it died. The hard drive died. I am building a new PC and I would like to reuse the Win 10 Pro license that I had. Is there a way to retrieve the key so that I can use Win 10 again for my new PC? Kind regards...
  7. Windows 10 Professional License/ 1 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Professional License/ 1 PC: how do I download it I payed for it Windows 10 Professional License/ 1 PC Customer Ann Deveau Order Number #4738 Order Date 02/16/2020 License Key Y89T6-CN4WD-99TDC-J9T3W-VH4XB Download Link Link Windows 10 Pro x8632 BIT RAM<4GB Link...
  8. Find windows 10 professional product key

Find windows 10 professional product key: Hi. I upgarded my laptop to Windows 10 professional after purchase. I am now upgrading hardware which will need re-installation of Windows 10 pro. I need to locate my product key. I cannot find the box which i bought fromw the store. What are my options? Thanks...
  9. How to Change Windows 10 Professional Product Key OFFLINE

How to Change Windows 10 Professional Product Key OFFLINE: Good morning, I have several computers that are not connected to the internet for classified work. They ARE NOT allowed to be connected to the internet at any point. They all have an activated copy of Windows 10 Pro currently installed. I have purchased a number of new...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key: Hi, Hoping someone can give me a proper and definitive answer on this as there are multiple conflicting answers. 1. Can you upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 Professional using a Windows 7 professional Key ? 2. Can you install windows 10 Pro and activate it...