Windows 10: Using windows 10 text replacement

Discus and support Using windows 10 text replacement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to, for example, type in "ccd" and have it automatically replaced with my credit card number. I've done it before but can't remember how to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alan155, Nov 16, 2017.

1. alan155 Win User

Using windows 10 text replacement

I want to, for example, type in "ccd" and have it automatically replaced with my credit card number. I've done it before but can't remember how to do it.
    Thanks,

:)

alan155, Nov 16, 2017

2. Cortana-Anniversary Edition No Longer Forwarding Texts

After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, I set up Cortana to sync my texts with my Windows 10 Dell desktop and my Windows 10 Surface Pro 4.

It worked great, with texts popping up on my desktop and Surface Pro.

Then I had to exchange my malfunctioning Droid Turbo 2 phone with a replacement from Verizon.

That's when the text syncing stopped. The new phone is set up in the Cortana desktop settings. Ditto, Cortana is set up on the replacement phone to sync.

But nothing.

Any ideas how to reset?

Tim Gollie, Nov 16, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Text replacement

You are in Mobile devices, phones

garym123, Nov 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, as far as I know this is not a native function - you need a 3rd party program.

Perhaps you used a browser add-on if you used this in a browser.

Using windows 10 text replacement [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Using windows 10 text replacement - Similar Threads - Using text replacement

2. How to replace Ubuntu with Windows 10 using USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace Ubuntu with Windows 10 using USB: My computer came with Windows preinstalled as the default OS.I accidentally installed linux Ubuntu over my primary drive where Windows was previously installed. I can't manage to reverse it and install Windows 10 back over that drive.I have managed to create a bootable USB...
  3. Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator: ColleaguesI've tried to follow the on-line instructions for using Narrator, i.e. I've turned it on in Settings, but the Narrator then goes into a long introductory dialogue that I do not want to listen to. If I click on OK or Turn Off Narrator to stop the dialogue, the...
  4. Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator: ColleaguesI've tried to follow the on-line instructions for using Narrator, i.e. I've turned it on in Settings, but the Narrator then goes into a long introductory dialogue that I do not want to listen to. If I click on OK or Turn Off Narrator to stop the dialogue, the...
  5. Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text: My computer randomly replaces the taskbar preview with text. An example is shown:I have no idea why that is. It will show the taskbar preview normally, then after a while, it goes to text. This is really annoying, and I couldn't find a solution. Thank you.P.S. I will try...
  6. Why is not possible replace taskbar previews to list text on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is not possible replace taskbar previews to list text on Windows 10?: Hello,Would like to know why is not possible to replace taskbar previews to list text on Windows 10?Tried to change it on regedit, but it only works with two or more instances opened, moreover I tried to change on Group Policy which does not work.Like Microsoft creates an...
  7. Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows?: I use an apple computer at home but have a windows computer at work. With my MacBook I’m able to use “shortcuts” or Text Replacement for repetitive things I have to type in. For example, I just type “pq” for “Please let me know if you have any questions.” It saves me so many...
  8. How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you need to search for and replace a word or phrase in Notepad, then you can use this step by step guide to find […] This article How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons: This bug occurred to me months ago, but I was too lazy to fix it. So basically, I went into sticky notes. I see the placeholder text, completely normal. I then click in the text box and the text and buttons turn into squares and blocks. Even the [X] button is a block. Same...
  10. Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10: How to: Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents. You can search to find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. text replacement windows 10

2. windows 10 text replacement

3. text replacement in windows 10

4. text replacement for windows 10,
  5. windows text replacement,
  6. Text replacement on a pc keyboard,
  7. text replacement,
  8. keyboard text replacement windows 10,
  9. text replacement for windows,
  10. text replacement on windows 10,
  11. does windows have text replacement,