Windows 10: Using Windows 10 USB to repair

Discus and support Using Windows 10 USB to repair in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there! I have searched and searched so think that asking is my only hope! I had Windows 7 and upgraded to 10. its been working fine. But,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kieran1984, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Using Windows 10 USB to repair

Hi there!

I have searched and searched so think that asking is my only hope!

I had Windows 7 and upgraded to 10. its been working fine.

But, yesterday it wont boot, it circles on the windows 10 recovery. safe mode doesnt work. system reset doesnt work. CMD does. I ran SFC but it wont complete.

So i made a windows 10 install USB and i was hoping to use it to repair the install.

But, it wont boot into the 'recovery environment' option after booting from the USB.

does anyone know any other way for me to use the USB to repair the windows 10 install?

Thanks very much
    Kieran

:)

Kieran1984, Jan 12, 2016
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Repair Windows 10 using USB drive

Hi,

This issue can be caused by errors on the system files or corrupted registry keys on your computer. Since you have mentioned that you cannot boot your computer, you need to use a recovery drive to restore or reset your computer. We understand that you have
    tried to use a bootable pendrive on your computer with Windows 10, but still the issue is not resolved. We would like to have you visit the link provided here and follow the complete steps on how to properly create a recovery drive to restore the PC:

Windows Support - Recovery options in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance?

Nick Dich, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Repair Windows 10 using USB drive

First of all I am unable to open.boot the windows. Could you please have complete look over my query where I am getting bluescreen in a different case. Please advise according the query .

MadhusudhanG49, Jan 12, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Using Windows 10 USB to repair

From the point that you have CMD available - insert the USB. You'll have to figure out/guess what drive letter it gets assigned. Then run:

E:\Setup

The drive letter will be the drive letter the USB gets assigned.

NavyLCDR, Jan 12, 2016
  5. now battery has gotten flat and i dont have my charger! so i'll need to test tomorrow. Does that menu give a repair option?

Kieran1984, Jan 12, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jan 12, 2016
  7. of course you are right!

i cant use the refresh as on that page because you need to be able to get to windows 10 and i cant. it says you cant do it from CMD or safe mode,

Kieran1984, Jan 12, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Oops, then my suggestion might not work :-(

NavyLCDR, Jan 12, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Try running Startup Repair from the flash drive, up to 3 times. See if that fixes the problem.

Ztruker, Jan 12, 2016
  10. hi!

So i have tried to run startup repair from the boot and it doesnt work.

I tried the 'repair' option but it just takes me to the windows 10 repair options.

I tried doing an install and it won't, without going into windows.

Lastly, i have tried SFC scannow and it says 100% verification but says windows resource protection could not prefrom th requested option

i tried DISM restore health, but it says error 50, does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.

Any other ideas for how i might repair the windows 10 install without having to wipe my whole computer?

Thanks

Kieran1984, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Using Windows 10 USB to repair - Similar Threads - Using USB repair

2. Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?: HiI have a simple question. When you Create a System Image for a Windows 10 gadget, at the end you are asked if you would like to Create a System Repair Disc and one can also create one from "Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore Windows 7".The problem is my...
  3. Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?: HiI have a simple question. When you Create a System Image for a Windows 10 gadget, at the end you are asked if you would like to Create a System Repair Disc and one can also create one from "Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore Windows 7".The problem is my...
  4. Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed: Good day, 2 days ago my windows10 laptop started freezing.Earlier too it had micro freezes. I ran memtest86 on the 8gb ram, it had no error. I booted into safe mode via msconfig and tried to run sfc /scannow . It failed after verification 100% - "WRP could not...
  6. Repair Windows 10 with USB?

Repair Windows 10 with USB?: An Ubuntu upgrade on my dual boot, dual HD, AMD system failed and since then I have not been able to right that. At the moment I try to get my Windows back using an Windows repair USB stick created on a MacBook. When I check the contents of the USB I see the directories boot,...
  7. windows 10 repair reboot with usb

windows 10 repair reboot with usb: How to set up on crashed Toshiba laptop with repair USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-repair-reboot-with-usb/dd978430-9138-48a1-b490-f11894b74486
  8. Using the Windows 10 reset USB to repair a malfunctioning Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Using the Windows 10 reset USB to repair a malfunctioning Windows 10: Last Monday, I left the house with my brand new Dell laptop turned on in the living room. When I returned everything seemed okay, but when I put in the pass word. the circle of dots just kept going round and round with nothing else happening. It did clear and show me the...
  9. Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive: I tried to repair my installation of Windows 10 but could not do so. I even tried to recover my system but that also was of no use. I have dual boot in my lapotp. The ubuntu installation is booting normally, but windows is not booting up. Please help....
  10. Windows 10 Repair from USB not working

Windows 10 Repair from USB not working: I've encountered a problem with repairing Windows 10 via USB. It started with me upgrading my custom built gaming PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Did the usual backup and doing a fresh "Reset this PC" however I have an SSD where Windows is installed and a HDD for general...