Windows 10: Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Discus and support Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by santoshsatvik, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Hello,

I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd).

The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free.
    The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed.

I recently read that a Windows 10 Home can be upgraded to Pro with Windows 8 Pro key, so I tried using the Windows 8 upgrade offer key in Activation settings of the 2nd PC. It accepted the key and gave me the option to start the upgrade process. It did not ask me to pay any additional fee.

Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home 2872c9f3-4a0c-4c97-8bb6-371400646fce?upload=true.png

Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home b8b4dc3e-e56f-4958-94f1-ef07a68d3448?upload=true.png

Please the me the consequences of going through with process. Will it successfully change the 2nd PC to Win 10 Pro, or will it ask for money later? If I need to pay, I don't want to upgrade.

And the Windows 8 Pro key I used was of the 1st PC which was used as basis for the Free upgrade offer to Win 10 Home on 1st PC. What will happen to the 1st PC's license. Will it be invalidated as I'm using it to upgrade Win 10 Home in 2nd PC?

:)

santoshsatvik, Feb 28, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Feb 28, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

I read through most of that thread and it seems you have to jump through windows insider hoops. Is there a Retail Windows 10 x64 PRO ISO I can download directly from microsoft that my windows 8 key will work with?

Easy Rhino, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

1. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home - Similar Threads - Using Pro key

2. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  3. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  4. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  7. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key

Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key: Hi there.I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license from Microsoft online back in 2015. I was e-mailed a license key which I still have. I've been using this license on a Parallels virtual machine on my Mac. I will soon decommission this virtual machine and I will be purchasing a...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key: Hello! I have one quick question: Is it still possible to use an old Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade my Windows 10 to professional? I saw in articles online that it was possible but when I went to activation and put in the Product Key in my email from when I bought Windows...
  9. Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?: So I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Ebay like 2 years ago for 5$. I used it to activate my laptops windows which was Windows 10 Home and as expected it upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. Everything is working perfectly fine to this day. I'm looking again for a key on Ebay and it...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key: I've got two laptops: the old one, with Windows 10 Pro (1909) installed after a free update from Windows 8.1 Pro the new one, with Windows 10 Home (1909) installed I've got the Windows 8.1 Pro product key, and I want to transfer it to the new PC. Microsoft support tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade windows 8 to 10

2. win 10 pro to home