Windows 10: Using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for Win10

Discus and support Using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for Win10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I Always used 3rd part AV and firewall and even well configured with many rules. But with a clean install of Win10 AU I am using the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pipppero2007, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for Win10

Hi all,

I Always used 3rd part AV and firewall and even well configured with many rules.

But with a clean install of Win10 AU I am using the tools that MS give us.

About the firewall, especially, do you think I risk too much?

Everything that ENTER is blocked but everything that QUIT is leave without any permission.

I don't want also to use weird software of "control" of the firewall.

I am thinking that all this tools makes problems and issues and if I can stay with MS tools I have only to earn about stability, performance and future W10 upgrades.

What do you think?

:)

Pipppero2007, Sep 26, 2016
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Query about the usage of Windows defender in place of Mcfee Antivirus in Windows 10

Check with mcafee if the product will work on win10 .

If it is compatible and you would rather use it, install it.

But make sure that windows defender, firewall are

off before the install or after the first reboot or there could

be issues with both mcafee and win10 built in programs.

Some new win10 builds are removing 3rd party antivirus/firewalls

so this may occur in the future.

kjl1956, Sep 26, 2016
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    McAfee and windows defender issues?

Defender can scan om a periodic basis, so it is not "fully off".

This can be turned of fully using the defender settings.

Many mcafee user options where removed or changed when intel

bought the company, the reason I moved to another section.

Defender and windows firewall are more win10 friendly then 3rd party

programs, but in my opinion not as secure.

Using more then one antivirus-firewall maybe"ok" as far as win 10 -ms states,

but have had issues doing so in the past.

kjl1956, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for Win10

I used to use third party software, but have now switched to Windows Defender and Firewall and I find it a lot better than third party.
    At least with windows own, I found that all upgrades downloaded and installed with no problem

hTconeM9user, Sep 26, 2016
  5. TairikuOkami, Sep 26, 2016
  6. If Win Firewall one day will give us the chance to control also the outgoing connection... Why they didnt think it???

Pipppero2007, Sep 27, 2016
  7. TairikuOkami, Sep 27, 2016
  8. Using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for Win10

I will strongly study these two links.
    I do not want any 3rd party control software because even if they use Windows Firewall they can be problematic in case of strong update so I don't have the advantage of use internal MS tools.

About the "Enable Outbound" though, I use them already (for example I blocked some .exe) and I Didn't need to enable anything.

Pipppero2007, Sep 27, 2016
  9. acme Win User
    Just use WIN Defend and Firewall with Malwarebytes (paid) and you will be safe enough....

*Smile

acme, Oct 2, 2016
  10. No I found that out about 3rd party software to protect your system, on one of my systems that came with it, when it ran out it would not allow me to uninstall it and put defender on.
    As soon as I got new laptop I managed this time to remove it straight away and let Defender run and up to now no problems at all. ok I may have messed up the warrant but at least I have piece of mind.

hTconeM9user, Oct 2, 2016
  11. Ivan4you Win User
    Everybody forget UAC ( User Account Control ).Set this to maximum and you wil be warned when something will change your windows.

Ivan4you, Oct 2, 2016
  12. dencal Win User
    Or if you have W10 Pro....BitLocker.

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for Win10

1. Using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for Win10 - Similar Threads - Using Defender Firewall

2. Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall: Hello, windows community. I try to block the internet connection of some browsers using Window Defender Firewall by creating some Outbound rules. But it doesn't work as I expected. I don't know why the rules don't effect at all. Does anyone know what is the point? Any help...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings: I tried resetting my PC it didn't work out well. Is there any solution for these errors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-is-not-using-the/7145a749-14f4-405c-95ac-e647b198a6a1
  4. Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings

Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings: I tried resetting my PC it didn't work out well. Is there any solution for these errors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-is-not-using-the/7145a749-14f4-405c-95ac-e647b198a6a1
  5. Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  7. windows defender firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows defender firewall: hi all my windows defender firewall in wondows 10 is disable and I cannot do anything to repair it. please help me Daniele https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall/deb9a9f4-ea71-4739-b2cd-0e6b657aea27
  8. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: Hi, Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring. [img] Thanks 131858
  9. Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Firewall: My computer has recently crashed twice in a row, then told me to turn on Windows Firewall Defender.However I am unable to turn it on at all, it provides me with this message when i try turning it on : Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I'm using windows 10 1709 home on one notebook and version 18 on another. How are Apps able to enable disabled firewall settings, and, have the ability to automatically allow other apps through the firewall? For example Zune, Cooking Fever, One Note...etc go from disabled to...