Windows 10: Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc

Discus and support Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am currently using a laptop that came with windows 8 and i got a free windows 10 upgrade some time ago and now i am building a new pc and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ali811Gamer, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc

i am currently using a laptop that came with windows 8 and i got a free windows 10 upgrade some time ago and now i am building a new pc and was wondering since the licence key is linked to microsoft account can i just sign into my microsoft account on the new pc and the windows will activate itself? or do i need to buy a new windows 10 key for the new pc? (btw i do have the windows 8 key that came with my laptop)

:)

Ali811Gamer, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc [​IMG]

MCardona81, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc :(

Zakin, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc

1. Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc - Similar Threads - Using linked microsoft

2. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Link Second PC to Microsoft Account: Hi,I am looking to buy a second hand Windows 10 PC. I found one that I am looking at buying. Will I be able to change the O/S registration to my Microsoft account after purchasing it? And how is this done? Can I do it from within the computer or do I need to go through...
  3. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link Second PC to Microsoft Account: Hi,I am looking to buy a second hand Windows 10 PC. I found one that I am looking at buying. Will I be able to change the O/S registration to my Microsoft account after purchasing it? And how is this done? Can I do it from within the computer or do I need to go through...
  4. Problem with windows PC linked to microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with windows PC linked to microsoft account: Hi From a while I have a problem with my microsoft account on windows 10Basicly the issue is that some times about once a week for some reason my PC logged out from the microsoft account and It required me to re-insert the pin or password ecc every time.I know that this thing...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 license from linked Microsoft account to another account ?

Transfer Windows 10 license from linked Microsoft account to another account ?: My sister gave me her old Asus Laptop because she brought a new one, but after i formatted it and installed the same version of windows it says to link the correct microsoft account to activate the Windows. But i don't want to use my sisters account. Can i transfer the...
  6. Cannot use Microsoft account to link to USER due to "another use already uses this account"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use Microsoft account to link to USER due to "another use already uses this account": I tried to link my laptop's user there is only one user to my Microsoft account. Yet when I try to do so a message pops up saying that another user is already using this account on this device. I know for a fact that this is not true because I do not see a device linked to...
  7. Transfer linked Windows 10 license to another Microsoft account

Transfer linked Windows 10 license to another Microsoft account: Hello, I have a Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft account. However, I have used this email for secondary purposes, including for creating accounts for websites that I don't even use or remember. Basically as a scrap email. And I don't want to use this scrap email...
  8. Second hand PC is still linked to another account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second hand PC is still linked to another account.: Hi my name is Garry and I have a problem with the windows account of my moms PC. She is 69 and can't do this herself so I'm asking for some info from my account. The problem that we have is the account is still linked to the previous owner who happens to be a friend of her....
  9. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I tried to use my Microsoft Account on my laptop but received a message that error msg. What is going on? I am the only user of this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-user-uses-this-microsoft-account/f9b2db60-751b-4661-8e5e-61e9d9c0a9dd
  10. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I was simply trying to switch to using a Microsoft Account on my Surface 3 and got the "another user uses this Microsoft account" error message. The thing that puzzles me is I do not have any other users on that device, period. What gives?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. link microsoft account to local windows 10