Windows 10: Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail

Discus and support Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I received an email from Yahoo on 25 August titled Important security notice about your Yahoo account. This informed me that I had to take some action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevieC52, Oct 6, 2020.

1. StevieC52 Win User

Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail

I received an email from Yahoo on 25 August titled Important security notice about your Yahoo account. This informed me that I had to take some action before 20 October 2020 to continue to use a third party application to access my Yahoo email account. As I use Windows Live Mail on Windows 10 on my laptop I chose to use the third option from the email to generate a one-time unique password. I logged into my Yahoo email account and generated the password and used it as requested. However, I received another identical email on 14 September.

I'm currently able to access my Yahoo email from my laptop using Windows Live Mail, but the question is will I still be able to continue to access my Yahoo email using Windows Live Mail from my laptop after 20 October? If so, do I need to generate another one-time password or what further action do I need to take?

I've emailed and telephoned Yahoo but they don't respond and I really need to resolve this

:)

StevieC52, Oct 6, 2020
  2. 1Strive Win User

Is Yahoo Mail Down, Right Now?

I can't get into my Yahoo Mail. Tried on 3 different computers, and it doesn't seem to be my router.

I also tried YPOPs w/ Outlook 2007. But no joy.

CAN ANYONE ACCESS THEIR YAHOO MAIL, NOW?

Thanks,
    1STRIVE

1Strive, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Dilbert Win User
    Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail

Cannot access Yahoo mail in Windows Live Mail

Based on the pop up notification that you're seeing, the issue lies on the server settings of your Yahoo being configured to Windows Live Mail. The server settings are provided by your email provider which is Yahoo. We would highly suggest you to contact
    them to get this issue resolved.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail

1. Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail - Similar Threads - Using Live Mail

2. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  3. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  4. Can't get Yahoo mail transfer over to Windows Live Mail

Can't get Yahoo mail transfer over to Windows Live Mail: A couple of months ago transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail became problematic, it has now stopped completely.I can no longer send or receive emails from Windows Live Mail.I am using:1 Google Chrome2 Windows Live Mail 20113 Windows 74 Yahoo+ mailArrrgh, any ideas...
  5. Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail: I just bought a new desktop which included Windows 11 Home. I can't access my yahoo email thru windows 11 or Microsoft Outlook. I can't go direct to yahoo and access my mail.[Original Title: Mail]...
  6. Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail

Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail: I just bought a new desktop which included Windows 11 Home. I can't access my yahoo email thru windows 11 or Microsoft Outlook. I can't go direct to yahoo and access my mail.[Original Title: Mail]...
  7. windows live mail to access G mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows live mail to access G mail: When I try to open my windows live mail to access G mail I get the message "your server has rejected your login, please verify that your user name and password are correct"The details are correct, I was able to access yesterday and this is only happening on my laptop not my...
  8. windows live mail to access G mail

windows live mail to access G mail: When I try to open my windows live mail to access G mail I get the message "your server has rejected your login, please verify that your user name and password are correct"The details are correct, I was able to access yesterday and this is only happening on my laptop not my...
  9. Yahoo mail not working with Windows Live

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo mail not working with Windows Live: Yahoo mail no longer works via Windows Live I have Yahoo mail set up elsewhere and it works. All settings via Window Live are correct Using IMAP Aware of a recent update from Microsoft that caused a bug with IMAP is some respects so is that the case here....
  10. yahoo mail access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    yahoo mail access: Can´t access yahoo mail anymore from this pc page is redirected to "https://guce.yahoo.com/" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/yahoo-mail-access/aa37f791-d0ea-41ae-970b-545725b912bd