Windows 10: Using windows media creation tool to make USB bootable flash not showing the win 10 edition...

Discus and support Using windows media creation tool to make USB bootable flash not showing the win 10 edition... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Opening a windows media creation tool and when choosing the edition of win 10( win 10 N, win 10 home edition, etc.) it doesn't show the win 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by #Help_me), Jul 3, 2019.

1. #Help_me) Win User

Using windows media creation tool to make USB bootable flash not showing the win 10 edition...

Opening a windows media creation tool and when choosing the edition of win 10( win 10 N, win 10 home edition, etc.) it doesn't show the win 10 pro edition

:)

#Help_me), Jul 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 media creation tool can't find USB

Yes. I did.

The Media Creation tool didn't detect the USB drive. But Rufus did. (both running on the same machine). I downloaded ISO, used Rufus to create bootable USB. Moved the flash drive to a different machine and completed a clean Win 10 Pro install

p.s. This SAME USB drive was used before and detected before by an earlier version of the Media Creation Tool on the same machine where it now wasn't being detected by the Tool (yet Rufus was detecting it). Which is why I also suspect it's a bug
    in the Tool

/* EDIT */

I also verified the USB boot drive was detected and bootable from the same machine it was created by Rufus (but not detected by Media Creation Tool)

So, again, I believe this is a tool bug. HOWEVER, i also believe problems with SanDisk (or any other flash drive that's listed as "WinToGo" compatible) is a
    different issue. WinToGo compatible flash drives appear to Windows as Hard Drives so they won't be recognized by Creation Tool as removable USB

LookinAround, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Using windows media creation tool to make USB bootable flash not showing the win 10 edition...

Failed Media Creation Tool attempt at bootable USB flash drive

Shawn, these are the steps being referred to that NavyLCDR posted. They work for both UEFI and MBR.

Here are the steps to create a standard Windows 10 USB flash drive:

1. Use the Media Creation Tool to download and save the ISO file to your hard drive.
    2. Insert the USB flash drive.
    3. Open a Administrator Command Prompt and enter: diskpart (if it isn't an administrator command prompt, it will ask for administrator permission).
    4. list disk
    5. select disk # <- replace # with the actual disk number of the USB flash drive
    6. clean <- this will erase the disk selected above, make sure you selected the USB flash drive!
    7. create part pri
    8. format fs=fat32 quick
    9. active
    10. exit
    11. exit - and if the first Command Prompt was not an Administrator Command Prompt, exit that one too.
    11. Mount the ISO file saved by the Media Creation Tool. If you are using Windows 8 or 10, you only have to right click on it and click on mount. If you are using Windows 7, then you must use a program like WinCDEmu to mount the ISO file:
    WinCDEmu - the easiest way to mount an ISO. And more...
    12. Copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

That's as simple as it gets. Between steps 7 and 8 you can enter: "select part 1" without quotes - but it should not be necessary.
    Between steps 8 and 9 you can enter: "assign" without quotes - but it should not be necessary.

Ztruker, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Using windows media creation tool to make USB bootable flash not showing the win 10 edition... - Similar Threads - Using media creation

2. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  3. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  4. Windows 10 bootable USB / Windows Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 bootable USB / Windows Media Creation Tool: Hi all,My laptop Windows may need factory re-set. I want to prepare for the worst scenario, as laptop has become unpredictable. I have taken back-ups of files, but I am not able to create a recovery drive.I get the message that "Some required files are missing. To...
  5. Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD: Whenever I try to create a bootable USB using the media creation tool, I get an ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY BSOD. Here are the minidumps: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j64hqzsi32zuzk8/minidump.7z/file....
  6. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool: I have troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool. I used a USB to get a copy of windows 10 for my new computer but the Windows 10 setup uses the wrong disk space. I used a Removable Disk (F:) but instead it tries to connect to the other disk space. What should...
  7. media creation tool not showing usb prompts

media creation tool not showing usb prompts: I've plugged in a clean 32GB usb but the tool (MediaCreationTool1809.exe) doesn't show prompts for USB when I select that save option. Instead it stops on showing message that I need 8GB on c: drive. I know there's no space on c: that's why I want to save to usb....
  8. Using Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Education edition

Using Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Education edition: I'm trying to create an installer on a USB thumb drive for Windows 10 Education using the Media Creation Tool but I'm having a little trouble. When I run the tool and get to this screen: [ATTACH] There is no other option under the dropdown for "Edition". It just shows...
  9. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?: Hello Currently I installed Windows 10 Pro build 10586.0 from my USB flash drive created from the Media Creation Tool (MCT). My question is, I noticed that Microsoft has recently updated the MCT to the latest build. Before I decide to put this latest build onto my USB...
  10. Failed Media Creation Tool attempt at bootable USB flash drive

Failed Media Creation Tool attempt at bootable USB flash drive: Hi, Ive just had another failed attempt at creating a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive on my laptop using the Media Creation Tool and setting the tool to use the USB flash drive as chosen media rather than the ISO method. It failed after the download had finished and at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media creation tool not showing usb