Windows 10: Using Windows Plugins in Linux Browsers (Silverlight etc)

Discus and support Using Windows Plugins in Linux Browsers (Silverlight etc) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I know a few people here use Linux either as HOST or as a VM This little piece of software enables Windows plugins to be used on some... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Mar 1, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Using Windows Plugins in Linux Browsers (Silverlight etc)

Hi there
    I know a few people here use Linux either as HOST or as a VM

This little piece of software enables Windows plugins to be used on some Linux browsers - so you might be able to get your favourite TV streaming stuff (e.g SKY GO) to work on Linux too.

Pipelight | Installation

Have Fun.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 1, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

windows 7 getting started videos won't play

Silverlight is a plugin for your browser that's sort of like Adobe Flash Player. Use

this page
    to determine if Silverlight is up-to-date for you. This might be the problem.

Entegy, Mar 1, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    freestockcharts website

Silverlight is deprecated - which is a fancy computer term for 'abandoned.' Microsoft announced in 2013 that they had ceased development of Silverlight except for patches and bugfixes. Silverlight is no longer supported in Google Chrome (my browser,) and
    since Microsoft Edge does not (yet) support plugins, it also does not support Silverlight. Websites that continue to use Silverlight are behind the times. Time for a new source of stock charts, you day-trader ;-)

BulldogXX, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Using Windows Plugins in Linux Browsers (Silverlight etc)

1. Using Windows Plugins in Linux Browsers (Silverlight etc) - Similar Threads - Using Plugins Linux

2. Plugins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plugins: Hi I installed all Windows Media player plugins in Windows 10 that I could find on Microsoft Website yesterday. Some are good... Others not or gets blocked by defender from accessing some folders and gets disabled. I can not remove them from the options menu and plugins...
  3. silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  4. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  5. plugins

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    plugins: I got a message when I wanted to watch an episode that "This plugin is not supported". Where do I get free download for plugin for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/plugins/54bded07-8cda-4f72-985c-6272cd2c8326
  6. SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight

SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight: Hi folks SKY have finally arrived in C21 -- desktop app for windows works fine on 1803 -- no Silverlight etc needed. No browser either --stand alone app now.I think the DRM is controlled by Videoguard -- fine by me no prob if you have a subscription to the service. Anything...
  7. Beware of WOT Browser Plugin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Beware of WOT Browser Plugin: Read this if you use WOT https://lifehacker.com/web-of-trust-...-it-1788667989 I've now removed WOT from all of my browsers. 69494
  8. Browser Malware Etc

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Malware Etc: A while back I commented on browsers, namely firefox, adding malware to their product. I was told basically that this was impossible if I got it from source, which I always do. I meant to produce some visual evidence but a bad memory let time slip by. Here is a screen...
  9. Windows Plugins on Linux Browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Plugins on Linux Browsers: Hi there By using this Pipelight | Installation - CentOS and spoofing the browser you can run things like SKY GO etc on Firefox for example on Linux - The Silverlight plugin works. Other Windows plugins can work too. Not sure why some of these companies are so "Anti...
  10. Silverlight Question

Silverlight Question: New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks. 38520