Windows 10: Using windows recovery and selling PC question

Discus and support Using windows recovery and selling PC question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm selling my PC and wanted to reinstall windows, I used the windows 10 recovery option to reinstall it. I was hoping that it would reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lololollololol, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Using windows recovery and selling PC question

Hi,

I'm selling my PC and wanted to reinstall windows, I used the windows 10 recovery option to reinstall it. I was hoping that it would reinstall with an unactivated version of windows, but it reinstalled and used my license.

Can I just sell the PC as is or is the license tied to my account in some way? If it's tied, how can I get rid of the license on the PC so that another person can chose to activate it with their own license?

Thanks

:)

lololollololol, Mar 4, 2019

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Recovery

Hi,

This sounds like it is related to system file corruption. We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution to offer:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes on your PC before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done on your end?
    We also suggest that you check this
    article
    as a guide on how to use installation media to restore your PC.

Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Mar 4, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Using windows recovery and selling PC question

Run Windows Recovery before selling PC

Are you sure the secure erase of the hard drive is part of reset this PC options? Reset this PC from inside Windows uses files from the Windows folder itself to reset Windows, so if the drive was securely erased, how could it reset Windows from files that were on the drive that was supposedly securely erased? I've always known securely erasing a drive to be a two step process - you boot into the program that does the secure erase of the drive, and then you do a clean install of Windows from an external media source that contains the installation files.

NavyLCDR, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Using windows recovery and selling PC question

1. Using windows recovery and selling PC question - Similar Threads - Using recovery selling

2. Can I sell a used PC with an unregistered copy of Windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I sell a used PC with an unregistered copy of Windows?: Can I sell a used PC with an UNREGISTERED copy of Windows?By that I mean eitherMy previous copy of windows which I unregister by slmgr /cpky Or a fresh legitimate copy of Windows without key entered.Rational:The buyer could re-register with his own key.I can demonstrate the...
  3. Can I sell a used PC with an unregistered copy of Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I sell a used PC with an unregistered copy of Windows?: Can I sell a used PC with an UNREGISTERED copy of Windows?By that I mean eitherMy previous copy of windows which I unregister by slmgr /cpky Or a fresh legitimate copy of Windows without key entered.Rational:The buyer could re-register with his own key.I can demonstrate the...
  4. Selling Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selling Windows 10 PC: I am selling my Windows 10 PC. I will re-install WIN 10 for the new owner, but during the reinstall process, when do I stop before having to register any ownership details?...
  5. Selling Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selling Windows 10 PC: I am selling my Windows 10 PC. I will re-install WIN 10 for the new owner, but during the reinstall process, when do I stop before having to register any ownership details?...
  6. Sell flash drive with Windows 10 Recovery

Sell flash drive with Windows 10 Recovery: I good day Microsoft Community, I just wanted to confirm the legality of selling flash drives with bootable Windows 10 recovery installed. This has nothing to do with licensing since this recovery flash drive, is used for reinstallation. As we all know, the digital...
  7. Sell used PC program Windows 10?

Sell used PC program Windows 10?: Hello, I found the pocket version of Minecraft on my PC. I wanted to ask if I can sell it to another Windows 10 user, since I have Minecraft Java by now. PS: The Minecraft Java version, which I don't want to sell, is free, but you have to play with a paid account. With the...
  8. Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10

Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10: I'm sure other users will want to use some of this info too. I keep having issues with Windows 10 rebooting from, Startup, Sleep, and Restart. They don't always work. I've created a recovery disk on a My Passport Drive, but I can't find any info on how to use it or what...
  9. Selling PC with Windows license

Selling PC with Windows license: I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the questions I have are:...
  10. Run Windows Recovery before selling PC

Run Windows Recovery before selling PC: The laptop had windows 7 when I purchased it. I upgraded for free to Windows 10. Question: If I run "Recovery" -> "Remove everything" will I end up with Windows 7 or Windows 10? 95112