Windows 10: Using Windows search bar and Chrome

Discus and support Using Windows search bar and Chrome in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to perform searches in Windows that use Chrome instead of Bing? submitted by /u/Alendrathril [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alendrathril, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Using Windows search bar and Chrome

Is there any way to perform searches in Windows that use Chrome instead of Bing?

submitted by /u/Alendrathril
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alendrathril, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Using Windows search bar and Chrome

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Using Windows search bar and Chrome

1. Using Windows search bar and Chrome - Similar Threads - Using search bar

2. Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search

in Cortana
    Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search: I have Windows 10 21H2. When I search files in Explorer the search bar it looks like thisBut on another PC with the same OS version it looks like thisAs I understand starting from 1909 Explorer uses Windows Search and search bar should look like second screenshot, but it...
  3. Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search: I have Windows 10 21H2. When I search files in Explorer the search bar it looks like thisBut on another PC with the same OS version it looks like thisAs I understand starting from 1909 Explorer uses Windows Search and search bar should look like second screenshot, but it...
  4. Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.: When I search for a pdf in the windows search bar and click it, it opens the PDF in Microsoft edge instead of chrome. I have chrome as my default browser and chrome as the default app by file type already. How can I get the file to open in chrome? submitted by...
  6. chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar: This problem has to do with the flags. I have read extensively on the chrome support forum about this problem. None of the so called solutions work. I understand there is a flag that will disable something so that the search stays in the search bar where it belongs. There...
  7. Can't use Search Bar.

Can't use Search Bar.: I can't use the search bar and some search feature in file explorer on my laptop. But in my desktop I can use the search bar beside the start button and everything. Version 2004. submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments]...
  8. CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.

CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.: I can't use the search bar or even search anything on my laptop. But on my desktop I can use the search bar on the Windows. Version 2004 submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx9pgy/cant_use_search_bar/
  9. unable to use search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to use search bar: Search bar does not work after windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-search-bar/9cc6374a-a5fb-417d-b97d-c369b732db06
  10. Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.

in Cortana
    Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.: I cannot use any search bars, etc. This is Win 10 latest edition with update. I have tried a number of fixes as published in the Microsoft community help pages as follows: 1) did the text services framework in task scheduler 2) did a task manager restart 3)" Reregistered"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows search bar to chrome

2. windows search bar use chrome