Windows 10: Using Windows Task Scheduler to run app downloaded from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Using Windows Task Scheduler to run app downloaded from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; How can I use the scheduler Windows 10 PC to run an app downloaded from the store? I have tried 2 things: 1 I have tried to create a task in the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by S1F4, Jan 20, 2021.

1. S1F4 Win User

Using Windows Task Scheduler to run app downloaded from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC

How can I use the scheduler Windows 10 PC to run an app downloaded from the store?

I have tried 2 things:

1 I have tried to create a task in the scheduler, but when it asked me to browse for the file, I was unable to identify the file that actually "runs" the app there was not exe file.

2 WhenI tried to have the scheduler run the task through the app shortcut it gives me a "catastrophic failure" message. I can run other apps like that, but not the ones downloaded from Microsoft Store.

:)

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Octopuss Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I kind of solved it myself. I can't be arsed with uninstalling this or that, so I just took ownership of c:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\ and then deleted everything related to gwx in Task scheduler. That should effectively block it.
    Now I just need to find list of IP addresses to block that are related to all possible telemetry garbage and similar stuff.

Octopuss, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Using Windows Task Scheduler to run app downloaded from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Using Windows Task Scheduler to run app downloaded from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC

1. Using Windows Task Scheduler to run app downloaded from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Using Task Scheduler

2. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  3. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  4. Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler: Task scheduler using local non-admin account to run shutdown /s not working. Asks for password then gives error that account does not have privileges'. I change the user running the account to admin, run whether logged off or not, not storing password, same error after...
  5. Automate launch of Windows Store Apps in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automate launch of Windows Store Apps in Task Scheduler: Hi all, I've been trying to get a Windows Store app to launch at startup/login using Task Scheduler but have since failed. I used Task Manager to trace the file path of the windows app and made a Simple Task in Task Scheduler but no dice there. Anyone have any ideas?...
  6. Using Task Scheduler to run a task on AC unplug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Task Scheduler to run a task on AC unplug: Hi all, I'm looking to improve the battery life on my laptop. It's usually docked and plugged in so I leave most of my programs running. However, I want to create a task that in the event of an AC unplug, terminates all non essential background processes (dictated by me). I...
  7. Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut: I have a task set up in Task Scheduler on Win 10 Pro 64-bit and it runs correctly when run from Task Scheduler. I cannot get the task to run from a shortcut. I do not know whether this is relevant, but in the Settings window of Task Scheduler it shows the checkbox next to...
  8. Downloading apps from Microsoft store to my windows 10 pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading apps from Microsoft store to my windows 10 pc: Can anyone tell me if there is a software fix required for me to download apps from the Micro-soft store? if so can you tell me where I can get this? regards michael...
  9. Installing Apps from Microsoft Store for PC running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Apps from Microsoft Store for PC running Windows 10: On 6th November I was able to download and install the FITBIT app without problem. I had a problem this morning that the APP would not work so Uninstalled the app with the view to reinstall it but I have not been able to. When I have try to down load the FITBIT app from the...
  10. Windows Task Scheduler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Task Scheduler not running: Hello, i am trying to install Nvidia Geforce experience but it says Windows Task Scheduler not running, so i cant install it. i even went to services.msc and tried to start but i get error message that it "started and stopped suddenly."Some services may stop if they are...