Windows 10: Using Windows Update to repair some system32 files

Discus and support Using Windows Update to repair some system32 files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I accidentally emptied the "0409" and "Advancedinstallers" and probably some other folders in System32 via command promptLuckily, most of it gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RubenGYY, Jul 30, 2021.

1. RubenGYY Win User

Using Windows Update to repair some system32 files

Hello,I accidentally emptied the "0409" and "Advancedinstallers" and probably some other folders in System32 via command promptLuckily, most of it gets blocked, but some files are slipped through.I immediately fired up the system restore tool..I know the other options already.But, can i still repair accidentally broken parts of System32 using the updates from Windows Update?Ruben

:)

RubenGYY, Jul 30, 2021
  2. balls Win User

Repairing Windows

Every time I boot up Windows, I get an error that says I need to repair (it says it's missing a file). I've been reading that in order for me to repair my Windows installation without loss of data, I need to delete a file called undo_guimode.txt in the system32 folder. I open up the recovery console and type in del /a /f C:\Windows\system32\undo_guimode.txt and it says "The parameter is not valid." Now, I'm not sure if this means that the file doesn't exist (which is good news for me, meaning I can just go ahead and install) or if it's hidden, or I'm not doing it right, or something. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

balls, Jul 30, 2021
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Using Windows Update to repair some system32 files 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Using Windows Update to repair some system32 files 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Using Windows Update to repair some system32 files

Repairing Windows XP can Break Windows Update

Microsoft/Windows Update Program Manager Nate Clinton has revealed that repairing a Windows XP installation using the Windows XP CD can potentially lead to users being unable to install updates when using the latest version of Windows Update. The problem, which does not appear to be widespread, occurs because the Windows XP CD replaces all system files, including those of Windows Update. Because the latest version of Windows Update uses a file which is not present on the Windows XP CD this causes a registry mismatch which can result in Windows Updates failing. So if you have recently run a repair install on Windows XP it is recommended that you either take a look at KB article 943144, check here for a workaround or contact Microsoft.

Source: Windows Vista Team Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Using Windows Update to repair some system32 files

1. Using Windows Update to repair some system32 files - Similar Threads - Using Update repair

2. used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to: I get this message:"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in the CBS log file located at windir \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.1og . For example C : \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For offline...
  3. used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to: I get this message:"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in the CBS log file located at windir \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.1og . For example C : \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For offline...
  4. used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to repair seemingly corrupted system32 file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repair seemingly corrupted system32 file: I was in the process of installing For Honor from Steam's app when my computer blue screened and gave me a registry error as a stop code. Everytime I attempt to boot into windows 11 the computer immediatly bluescreens without me even seeing the sign in screen. The automatic...
  6. How to repair seemingly corrupted system32 file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to repair seemingly corrupted system32 file: I was in the process of installing For Honor from Steam's app when my computer blue screened and gave me a registry error as a stop code. Everytime I attempt to boot into windows 11 the computer immediatly bluescreens without me even seeing the sign in screen. The automatic...
  7. System32 Files deleted leading to some apps not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System32 Files deleted leading to some apps not opening: Hi.A few days ago I tried to permanently delete the System32 Folder to free up space in my computer, but Windows did force me to keep certain files. Most apps in my computer seem to still open normally, but I can't open Axure XP anymore. The app won't just respond when I open...
  8. Deleted some Important windows files in system32 folder.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted some Important windows files in system32 folder.: I messed up with some files in windows32 and now I'm not able to use windows 10 properly, I can't even open images or videos, cant save more stuff. I tried factory reset, but it says *No changes were made*....
  9. SFC cannot repair some files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC cannot repair some files: My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909 Attached is the CBS file, thanks 150849
  10. SFC cannot repair some files

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC cannot repair some files: My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909 Attached is the CBS file, thanks 150849