Windows 10: Using Windows7 games on Windows 10

Discus and support Using Windows7 games on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hiya I know I'm definitely behind in regards to upgrading to Microflacids Winblows 10, I'm still using Win 7 on a desktop I built for Vista, for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fiery_WA, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Fiery_WA Win User

Using Windows7 games on Windows 10

Hiya

I know I'm definitely behind in regards to upgrading to Microflacids Winblows 10, I'm still using Win 7 on a desktop I built for Vista, for which I purchased the retail versions Ultimate for both OS's.

So before anyone get's on my back yes I am still using all of the hardware I bought back in 2010, with the exception of an Nvidia Graphics card and an SSD.

I actually built the desktop for Vista, it came and in the blink of an eye it was gone, I then eventually upgraded to 7. Only because Blizzard Entertainment locked all Vista users out. I know it's only a matter of time, before I begrudgingly hand over more money to Microflacid , it's not a cheap process of having to keep up with all of the OS's especially if you're like myself and trying to live off a Disability Pension.

My main concern with Winblows 10, is will it support things like Winblows 7 games, in particular Backgammon, which I downloaded from https://winaero.com/.

I also use Money Plus which after reading through of the Community posts doesn't appear to work in 10.

I am not a PC dummy, I am a self taught user / builder. I'm not afraid to go into the Registry, and tweak or if necessary remove unwanted items. But I am not a coder. Not with since Win98, back when everything was in DOS, I worked for the Australian Customs Service and I don't remember now, how I did it, but I created a couple of programmes that were adopted by Customs. Now I'm 54 suffering from old timers, amongst an other nastier Neurological condition.

Most of the hardware, the tower, ROM Drives, PSU, GPU, SSD, possibly the sound card I intend on keeping and just putting in a new mobo CPU and RAM.

It's the software compatibility which is concerning me.

In no particular order

Cannon Printer

Sidesync a Samsung app that allows me to use a full size keyboard, Samsung have much like Microflacid forced people to upgrade a perfectly good working mobile to a newer more expensive one

The Windows 7 games

Money Plus 2009

Windows Live Mail

Freecell

If anyone can tell me what will still work, what I may have to tweak to work, and flat out what will not work, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Susan

lol You get a whole lot of choices NOT as to where to post, my apologies if I have posted in the incorrect forum

:)

Fiery_WA, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Using Windows7 games on Windows 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Using Windows7 games on Windows 10

1. Using Windows7 games on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Using Windows7 games

2. Windows7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7: Windows7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7/a42cda1c-8738-4fef-9cb0-3a403d0efd64
  3. Windows7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7: Windows7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7/a42cda1c-8738-4fef-9cb0-3a403d0efd64
  4. Windows7 vs Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows7 vs Windows 10: Charles: My HP PC's desktop hard drive died and I took my computer to a repair shop that is one man that has been servicing and repairing PCs for over 22 years and is very knowledgeable. He told me that my computer tower was a very good one with excellent processors and...
  5. Windows7 vs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 vs Windows 10: Charles: My HP PC's desktop hard drive died and I took my computer to a repair shop that is one man that has been servicing and repairing PCs for over 22 years and is very knowledgeable. He told me that my computer tower was a very good one with excellent processors and...
  6. Windows7 vs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows7 ult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows7 ult: error api-ms-win-downlevel-version-l1-1-0-dll Can't log on to anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-ult/d72d1eff-8929-4d27-86eb-d3e719789156
  8. Windows7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows7: windows7windows10windows7Windows7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7%E8%BF%98%E5%8F%AF%E4%BB%A5%E4%B8%8B/ae6088d5-1fa4-427b-8d97-4c0b7e60e218
  9. Windows7 10 backup failure

Windows7 10 backup failure: [ATTACH] While attempting to backup to external Seagate 4.5TB USB drive with 4.44TB of free space. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-10-backup-failure/43490490-e4c7-4580-a0b3-d40676318862
  10. Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10

Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10: HI All, I am facing an issue while using inplace upgrade Windows 7 to Windows10. Below is the Scenario After building the WDS server with the iso October 2019 Windows 10 we have launched a test on two PC PC1 --> 64 bit (domain-joined) - Upgraded to Win10 64-bit...