Windows 10: Using WinPESE x64 created several RTF document files - laptop froze

Discus and support Using WinPESE x64 created several RTF document files - laptop froze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys I was using WinPESE x64 Recovery USB stick, I created several RTF document files and saved them in the downloads folder, the laptop froze. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rebel1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. rebel1 Win User

Using WinPESE x64 created several RTF document files - laptop froze

Hi Guys

I was using WinPESE x64 Recovery USB stick, I created several RTF document files and saved them in the downloads folder, the laptop froze. I had to restart the laptop and lost the RTF files that were saved in the downloads folder. Is there anyway to recover them? or am I wasting my time?

If I can recover them, where do I start looking? and how do I start recovering them?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

rebel1, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

rtf. file

Hi Michelle,

Some documents when saved takes up space due to its components. For us to help you with your concern, we'd like to know if your rtf file has images on it.

Meanwhile, if your rtf file has pure texts, we suggest that you follow the steps below to reduce the size of your rtf file:

• Compose your rtf file in Microsoft Word.
    • Instead of saving, copy and paste your composition to WordPad. All the formatting is copied over too.
    • Save the document with WordPad, and you'll get a significantly smaller file.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Cannot select Wordpad as default for .rtf files

Hello!

Follow these steps to set your default application when launching .rtf files.

1. Right click where you want to create a new rich text file (.rtf).

2. Click New > Rich Text Document

3. Give your document a name; anything is fine.

4. Right click your newly created document

5. Click "Open with..."

6. Check "Always use this app to open .rtf files"

7. If WordPad is not already listed, you will need to find it in your PC's program files. To do this, follow Step 7a-7d.

7a. Scroll down and click "Look for another app on this PC"

7b. When the file explorer opens, find the folder "Windows NT" and double click it.

7c. Double click "Acessories"

7d. Double click "WordPad"

Your new file that you created should open in WordPad.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a nice day!

-Jared

JaredShaver, Sep 10, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default.

Hi skip3119

Please explain this in more detail, do you mean if you double click am rtf file, it tries to open in Microsoft Word?

Or is this something else, if so, please provide as much detail as possible . . .

If it is that rtf documents are opening in Word:

Right click an rtf document, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open rtf . . .'

If Wordpad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Wordpad is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find Wordpad

DaveM121, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Using WinPESE x64 created several RTF document files - laptop froze - Similar Threads - Using WinPESE x64

2. Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu: I have tried every registry hack I can find but Windows 11 ignores them completely. I was able to get "new text file" added back in, but "New RTF file" just won't come back. I'm so frustrated with this. I even made sure to associate all RTF files with WordPad instead of MS...
  3. Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu: I have tried every registry hack I can find but Windows 11 ignores them completely. I was able to get "new text file" added back in, but "New RTF file" just won't come back. I'm so frustrated with this. I even made sure to associate all RTF files with WordPad instead of MS...
  4. Creating and using template documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating and using template documents: I'm a programmer coming back to Windows 11 from Linux after 2 years. And I have gotten used one particular feature that is extremely useful but seems to either be completely absent from Windows or is completely obscured from regular users because its hard to get working when...
  5. Creating and using template documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating and using template documents: I'm a programmer coming back to Windows 11 from Linux after 2 years. And I have gotten used one particular feature that is extremely useful but seems to either be completely absent from Windows or is completely obscured from regular users because its hard to get working when...
  6. The RTF file is gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The RTF file is gone: Hi. Today i saved some data in a rtf file. Suddenly my pc crashed and i restarted and now all the text is gone! It shows 0 bytes. It originally had 2 MB. How can i recover the whole content? It's gone forever? submitted by /u/jimijoop [link] [comments]...
  7. RTF File Corrupted from laptop power outage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RTF File Corrupted from laptop power outage: I have a WordPad document with all kinds of assorted ideas for future story content. I open the file one night to make a small edit only to find that the document was completely blank. It was replaced by a giant highlightable space. The file properties show the same file size...
  8. Corrupt RTF file

Corrupt RTF file: Unfortunately, a PC mishap caused an .RTF file to become badly corrupted. It is still relatively sizeable, so I would be under the assumption that some content is still there. The size may be due to the number of dodgy lines that are displayed in the file. But what I would...
  9. RTF file corrupted

RTF file corrupted: I have been writing an RTF file for one year now, and I got home from a trip to discover that the entire thing was corrupted. I opened the file and it was blank. Still had highlightable text and the correct length, as if it was all spaces. Once I opened it and found this I...
  10. Priniting when using recovery disk - WinPESE X64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Priniting when using recovery disk - WinPESE X64: Hi Guys Is there a way to print when using the recovery disk -WinPESE X64? I've got a HP4400. Instructions would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance. 121357

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winpese_x64