Windows 10: Using wsl 1 and 2 together

Discus and support Using wsl 1 and 2 together in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; How to use wsl and wsl 2 distro's side by side ?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by adyanrehan, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Using wsl 1 and 2 together

How to use wsl and wsl 2 distro's side by side ?

:)

adyanrehan, Apr 7, 2021

2. WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Apr 7, 2021
  3. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Apr 7, 2021
  4. NickJP Win User

Using wsl 1 and 2 together

Cannot upgrade installed distros in WSL to version 2

After installing the Win10 2004 build 19041 update (running winver shows "version 2004 (OS build 19041.388)", I've tried to upgrade a couple of installed distros I had in WSL version 1 to WSL version 2 following the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10. All the steps in the instructions compete successfully, up to the point where I try to change the WSL version of one of the installed distros to 2 at which point I see the messages below:

Code:
    I have enabled the Virtual Machine Platform feature (it shows as on with a tick against it in Control Panel Windows features), Intel-vt virtualization is enabled in the BIOS, and running msinfo32 shows, at the bottom of the system summary listing:

Code:
    I also tried installing another distro with the WSL default version set to 2, but attempting to launch it shows the error:

Code:
    Any suggestions on how to get around this problem? From what I've read, WSL2 gives worthwhile speed increases over WSL1, and so is worth using if I can get it to work.

NickJP, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Using wsl 1 and 2 together

1. Using wsl 1 and 2 together - Similar Threads - Using wsl together

2. Installing anbox on wsl 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing anbox on wsl 2: Tried to run android apps on wsl using anbox worked fine on my desk following a reddit guide but doesn't work on my laptop with the newer ms linux kernel.Says dkms can't locate the binder and ashmem modules for some reason.tried kernel source dir doesn't work.Also question...
  3. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....
  4. Merging 2 users together?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merging 2 users together?: It sounds really stupid at first, but let me explain. I dont know when but i created a second account on my pc as a sort of private account from the main one i use. Of course this takes up more space on my pc, and now my pc is clustered. I have data on both accounts that i...
  5. wsl 2 password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wsl 2 password: I have apparently successfully installed WSL 2. However in the initial stage of creating the server I forgot the Linux convention of not echoing the password entry and ended up with an unknown entry. I am set up to use xrdp. When I try to use Windows Remote Desktop I cannot...
  6. How to downgrade from wsl 2 to wsl 1?

How to downgrade from wsl 2 to wsl 1?: I installed wsl 2, but i had to disable Hyper-V to use Virtualbox, and now my wsl machines, ubuntu and debiain, won't start. How to downgrade form wsl 2 to wsl 1, because it seems wsl 1 works fine with Hyper-V disabled? submitted by /u/evolution800 [link] [comments]...
  7. WSL 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSL 2: I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling etc etc lags...Please...
  8. SSH to wsl 2

SSH to wsl 2: Anyone know how to get ssh to work in windows wsl 2? I've followed some guides, but I'm still getting connection refused when I try to ssh into my windows ip, or it just hangs when I ssh into the wsl ip submitted by /u/MrDroo [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot install WSL 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install WSL 2: I'm running build 18945.1001. I installed Windows Subsystem for Linux from the store as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10. I can go to the store, click Debian, click Launch and get a Bash terminal. I rebooted, ran Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature...
  10. WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade: Been using Windows Subsytem for Linux for some time. How do I get it upgrade to WSL 2. 132527