Windows 10: Using wsl 1 and 2 together

Discus and support Using wsl 1 and 2 together in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; How to use wsl and wsl 2 distro's side by side ?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by adyanrehan, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Using wsl 1 and 2 together

How to use wsl and wsl 2 distro's side by side ?

:)

adyanrehan, Apr 7, 2021

2. WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Apr 7, 2021
  3. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Apr 7, 2021
  4. NickJP Win User

Using wsl 1 and 2 together

Cannot upgrade installed distros in WSL to version 2

After installing the Win10 2004 build 19041 update (running winver shows "version 2004 (OS build 19041.388)", I've tried to upgrade a couple of installed distros I had in WSL version 1 to WSL version 2 following the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10. All the steps in the instructions compete successfully, up to the point where I try to change the WSL version of one of the installed distros to 2 at which point I see the messages below:

Code:
    I have enabled the Virtual Machine Platform feature (it shows as on with a tick against it in Control Panel Windows features), Intel-vt virtualization is enabled in the BIOS, and running msinfo32 shows, at the bottom of the system summary listing:

Code:
    I also tried installing another distro with the WSL default version set to 2, but attempting to launch it shows the error:

Code:
    Any suggestions on how to get around this problem? From what I've read, WSL2 gives worthwhile speed increases over WSL1, and so is worth using if I can get it to work.

NickJP, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Using wsl 1 and 2 together

1. Using wsl 1 and 2 together - Similar Threads - Using wsl together

2. Why does WSL version indicate 1.x if updated to WSL 2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does WSL version indicate 1.x if updated to WSL 2?: As titled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-wsl-version-indicate-1x-if-updated-to-wsl/ff9ebfd4-9682-45af-9532-6c3ab7aa360a
  3. Why does WSL version indicate 1.x if updated to WSL 2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does WSL version indicate 1.x if updated to WSL 2?: As titled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-wsl-version-indicate-1x-if-updated-to-wsl/ff9ebfd4-9682-45af-9532-6c3ab7aa360a
  4. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  5. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  6. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....
  7. How to downgrade from wsl 2 to wsl 1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to downgrade from wsl 2 to wsl 1?: I installed wsl 2, but i had to disable Hyper-V to use Virtualbox, and now my wsl machines, ubuntu and debiain, won't start. How to downgrade form wsl 2 to wsl 1, because it seems wsl 1 works fine with Hyper-V disabled? submitted by /u/evolution800 [link] [comments]...
  8. WSL 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSL 2: I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling etc etc lags...Please...
  9. SSH to wsl 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSH to wsl 2: Anyone know how to get ssh to work in windows wsl 2? I've followed some guides, but I'm still getting connection refused when I try to ssh into my windows ip, or it just hangs when I ssh into the wsl ip submitted by /u/MrDroo [link] [comments]...
  10. WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade: Been using Windows Subsytem for Linux for some time. How do I get it upgrade to WSL 2. 132527