Windows 10: USOclient

Discus and support USOclient in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Since wuauclt has been depreciated in windows 10, I was googling what has replaced it. I found that usoclient is what has replaced this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Xotan, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Xotan Win User

USOclient

Hello,

Since wuauclt has been depreciated in windows 10, I was googling what has replaced it.

I found that usoclient is what has replaced this command for windows update in the command line.

However none of the commands work except one

USOclient ScanInstall Wait

The startScan option kicks it on for about a half second but fails to actually scan

Here are the commands I could find

• RefreshSettings – used to quickly enact any settings changes
    • RestartDevice – as the name implies, it restarts the device. Can be used in a script to allow updates to finish installing on next boot.
    • ResumeUpdate – used to tell the tool to resume updating after a reboot.
    • StartDownload – initiates a full download (from Microsoft) of existing updates
    • StartInstall – kicks-off the installation of the downloaded updates
    • ScanInstallWait – Combined Scan Download Install
    • StartInteractiveScan – we’ve yet to get this one to work, but it suggests that the process may work in a GUI
    • StartScan – kicks-off a regular scan

If anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Xotan, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Rohn007 Win User

What is "usoclientexe"?

It is part of Windoze. It is not actually spyware, it is part of the update system. This article provides some more details:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usoclient-exe-win...

Rohn007, Sep 11, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    usoclient.exe and update error

Do a browser search for usoclient and see the discussions and what to do.

lacrumb, Sep 11, 2018
  4. USOclient

USOclient.exe randomly opened

I am sorry, but your post makes no sense.

I did sfc /scannow and it found nothing wrong.

I did the DISM scan health thing, and it found nothing.

The restore health command is currently running.

The usoclient popup yesterday corresponded with one time when Windows was looking for new Windows Updates, but on subsequent cases where Windows was looking for updates no usoclient popup came.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Could this just be a glitch from my Win 7 to 10 upgrade?

DsomethingV, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

USOclient

1. USOclient - Similar Threads - USOclient

2. usoclient issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usoclient issue: usoclient.exe pop-up after windows updates. currently, i'm using windows 10 and also using another operations application. its appear at any time on application state or windows .Dear Team,Please support. Thanks Muhammad Shaharyar...
  3. usoclient issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usoclient issue: usoclient.exe pop-up after windows updates. currently, i'm using windows 10 and also using another operations application. its appear at any time on application state or windows .Dear Team,Please support. Thanks Muhammad Shaharyar...
  4. usoclient issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why are there around 70 USOClient processes on my task manager, and how do I get rid of them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are there around 70 USOClient processes on my task manager, and how do I get rid of them?: Hi there. Today, I looked at my task manager and counted around 70+ UsoClient processes. If there's any way to narrow that amount of processes down, without completely disabling the UsoClient thing entirely, telling me of it would be much appreciated....
  6. Usoclient scaninstallwait doesn't function properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Usoclient scaninstallwait doesn't function properly: Usoclient scaninstallwait doesn't function properly, its only checks for the updates in server and doesn't download,need cmd which downloads the update from update server...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Usoclient StartInteractiveScan

2. usoclient ScanInstallWait

3. usoclient scannow

4. usoclient restartdevice not working,
  5. usoclient not working,
  6. usoclient scaninstallwait not working,
  7. usoclient does not work,
  8. usoclient.log,
  9. usoclient RestartDevice,
  10. usoclient startscan not working,
  11. usoclient startinteractivescan bat,