Windows 10: UTC files

Discus and support UTC files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I din't always have my back up external hard drive plugged into my laptop. So what seems to be happening is File History UTC files are being saved to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulLedoux1, Mar 24, 2019.

1. UTC files

I din't always have my back up external hard drive plugged into my laptop. So what seems to be happening is File History UTC files are being saved to my C drive documents folder. As a result any given file can have three or so UTC duplicate backups all with different dates. My C drive is now clogged with these documents and maunually removing them is very time consuming. How do I get rid of them and how do I limit back ups so that old back ups are deleted?

:)

PaulLedoux1, Mar 24, 2019

2. UTC files

I have hundreds of thousands of UTC files in a folder $OF - can I safely delete all of them

AudreyVenter, Mar 24, 2019
  3. tcebob Win User
    Cortana UTC Time Is Incorrect

If you right click on the time at the right end of the taskbar you will have an opportunity to adjust the date and time. However, I checked that and something is screwy about the zone settings list. I live in Florida, USA -- Eastern Time Zone but the settings say (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). It seems something is amiss in the program. I'm going to post a query about that. Meanwhile, if your time display looks OK I suggest you leave it alone. Windows 10 is full of holes and I believe that MS will fix them eventually. I also believe in world peace and the Tooth Fairy.

tcebob, Mar 24, 2019
  4. UTC files

UTC Incorrect

Does anyone know how to fix the UTC time on Windows 10? I have it set to show two times as I work globally with other developers so we operate under UTC and then I have it show local time. The local time is correct but UTC is one hour off. I suspect it
    is the DST that is throwing it off. I work with other operating systems and it seems Windows is the only one that UTC is Off. So if anyone knows how to fix this it would be great.

KendallHolm, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

UTC files

1. UTC files - Similar Threads - UTC files

2. Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp...: Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp of the same file in the same folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-can-i-safely-delete-utc-timestamped-files-if-i/bb2622ab-765c-44db-80f6-91fec531e0c0
  3. Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp...: Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp of the same file in the same folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-can-i-safely-delete-utc-timestamped-files-if-i/bb2622ab-765c-44db-80f6-91fec531e0c0
  4. Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily?: We have just transferred our data via a Windows backup from our old PC to a new one, new PC running Windows 11 from Win 10. Microsoft locked me out of Win 10, wouldnt except my PIN....BS! So now I have a new computer and USB backup and its stamped every file. WTHeck is wrong...
  6. UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily?

UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily?: We have just transferred our data via a Windows backup from our old PC to a new one, new PC running Windows 11 from Win 10. Microsoft locked me out of Win 10, wouldnt except my PIN....BS! So now I have a new computer and USB backup and its stamped every file. WTHeck is wrong...
  7. How to stop Windows from creating the annoying UTC time stamp on File names when I back up...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop Windows from creating the annoying UTC time stamp on File names when I back up...: When I do a back up to my external hard drive, Windows tiome stamps filenames with a UTC date in Parentheses. These are d\istracting when looking for files, How do I prevent Windows from UTC time stamp on the file name?This just started happening about a month ago. Never had...
  8. How to stop Windows from creating the annoying UTC time stamp on File names when I back up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows from creating the annoying UTC time stamp on File names when I back up...: When I do a back up to my external hard drive, Windows tiome stamps filenames with a UTC date in Parentheses. These are d\istracting when looking for files, How do I prevent Windows from UTC time stamp on the file name?This just started happening about a month ago. Never had...
  9. How to stop Windows from creating the annoying UTC time stamp on File names when I back up...

10. Back up files renamed with a number and UTC time stamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up files renamed with a number and UTC time stamp: Hi,Just like the title mentions it, my files were renamed and they now have an UTC with a time stamp on them. Because of that, programs can't find them. I obviously can't rename all them one by one because of the large number of files. Someone had an issue similar in 2016 and...