Windows 10: UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily?

Discus and support UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have just transferred our data via a Windows backup from our old PC to a new one, new PC running Windows 11 from Win 10. Microsoft locked me out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by R F5, May 26, 2023.

1. R F5 Win User

UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily?

We have just transferred our data via a Windows backup from our old PC to a new one, new PC running Windows 11 from Win 10. Microsoft locked me out of Win 10, wouldnt except my PIN....BS! So now I have a new computer and USB backup and its stamped every file. WTHeck is wrong with Microsoft, leave my files alone. Now I'm going in to use the files and they ALL have a UTC timestamp added to the file names, it's absolutely insane. I can't find anything easily. All help give codes to use, but none of them say how to use it. Its all new to me. How do I easily remove them please? Thanks!

:)

2. coateca Win User

We have just transferred our data via a Windows backup from our old PC to a new one, both running Windows 10.

Now I'm going in to use the files and they ALL have a UTC timestamp added to the file names, it's absolutely insane. I can't find anything easily and links aren't working.

How do I easily remove them please? I thought it might be a view function in File Manager but I'm not having any luck.

Thanks!

coateca, May 26, 2023
  3. Getting rid of the UTC timestamp appended to my backup filenames

Today I used the Windows 10 Backup facility to backup all my files.

However, when I opened my external drive after the backup was complete, I saw that all the files had been renamed with a UTC timestamp appended to the end of the current name.

There are also multiple copies of the files available.

How do I get rid of this timestamp?

Dilip Borad, May 26, 2023
  4. coateca Win User

Files names all have this after them (2018_02_18 08_52_13 UTC), so it looks like (YYYY_MM_DD HH_M_SS UTC)

Thanks for replying Frederik.

coateca, May 26, 2023
Thema:

1. UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily? - Similar Threads - UTC timestamp added

2. Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp...: Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp of the same file in the same folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-can-i-safely-delete-utc-timestamped-files-if-i/bb2622ab-765c-44db-80f6-91fec531e0c0
  3. Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp...: Hi. Can I safely delete utc timestamped files if I have another version without timestamp of the same file in the same folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-can-i-safely-delete-utc-timestamped-files-if-i/bb2622ab-765c-44db-80f6-91fec531e0c0
  4. UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily?

UTC timestamp added to my backup files. How do I get rid of them easily?: We have just transferred our data via a Windows backup from our old PC to a new one, new PC running Windows 11 from Win 10. Microsoft locked me out of Win 10, wouldnt except my PIN....BS! So now I have a new computer and USB backup and its stamped every file. WTHeck is wrong...
  5. HOW TO GET RID OF THE ADS.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO GET RID OF THE ADS.: HOW TO GET RID OF THE ADS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-the-ads/d826358b-d489-4ec5-a54d-1cda1d4b9305
  6. How do I get rid of Edge ads in Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of Edge ads in Settings?: [ATTACH] Microsoft keeps playing these mental games, like Facebook, and it's annoying. That blue dot annoys me more than it would a normal person. I left Facebook but unfortunately I can't leave Windows. Poor me. So if anyone knows any way to get rid of this, other than...
  7. How to remove backup timestamp from the files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove backup timestamp from the files: Have windows 10 Ver 1204 How can I remove in bulk the time stamp YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM UTC from multiple files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-backup-timestamp-from-the-files/9e86dc61-de30-4d87-814c-c6afd31659e9
  8. What are these files, how do I get rid of them

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these files, how do I get rid of them: [img] !5 of these files suddenly appeared in Explorer. They seem to consist of a large number of zeros. The have been very difficult to delete and after I succeeded they all reappeared again. I got them into the Recycle Bin and instructed it to empty everything. What are...
  9. Microsoft solitaire collection ads: how do I pay to get rid of them?

Microsoft solitaire collection ads: how do I pay to get rid of them?: Just recently I have started getting ads for other Microsoft games when I try to play Solitaire. I have got fed up with waiting until the ad finishes, so asked to pay the extra £12.49 annual sub. However on the next screen I get an error message saying "Something happened...
  10. This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION: Hope this isn't a repeat but this works as I just did it in 2 computers and 3 drives in W10. What you need... A FREE minitool partition wizard--excellent ! B FREE Macrium Reflect Imaging which is amazingly good ! C A spare drive This is what you do: A: take a backup...