Windows 10: % utilisation of physical drives

Discus and support % utilisation of physical drives in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, In Task Manager it shows that circa 80-95% of the physical drives (i.e. under 'Disk') is being used at any one time. Is this normal? The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesMcGregor3, Oct 19, 2018.

1. % utilisation of physical drives

Hi,

In Task Manager it shows that circa 80-95% of the physical drives (i.e. under 'Disk') is being used at any one time. Is this normal? The only processes really using this seem to be 'Windows 10' and 'System'.

Thanks

:)

JamesMcGregor3, Oct 19, 2018

2. High Total Utilisation of all physical drives

Hello All,

i am facing issues with High utilisation of physical drives kindly check and help.

even having a 8gb ram i am not able to run tasks because it shows low memory % utilisation of physical drives :(

% utilisation of physical drives 6f6f18f5-30a5-4e1c-92c0-1adb8be562b6.png

Winnerr950, Oct 19, 2018
  3. little cat, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

% utilisation of physical drives

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

% utilisation of physical drives

1. % utilisation of physical drives - Similar Threads - utilisation physical drives

2. physical hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    physical hard drives: Hi there , in my laptop I have C, D and E hard drives , how to know weather i have 3 separate physical hard drives or its just one drive with partitions divided among CDE ? just curious...
  3. Wanting to change physical drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wanting to change physical drive: Hello. My hard drive is recently giving me some problems and I would like to install another one in its place. Do I need to buy another Windows 10 license? Or can I use the old one?...
  4. Hard drive constantly at 100% utilisation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive constantly at 100% utilisation: My hard drive is always on 100% utilisation as soon as I start up my PC. I have turned off all start up apps, and I my PC is idling and yet it's at 100% utilisation. It's frustrating! I would appreciate it if someone knows what is going on. Thanks! submitted by...
  5. 100% total utilisation across all physical drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% total utilisation across all physical drives: hi please find me a solution. am starting to hate windows because of poor performance. everytime i open my PC, i feel like ehy did i even start working on it. it justs hangs on every moment and i feel ishould have settled for SSD mac.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. 100% CPU Utilisation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100% CPU Utilisation: Please help, task manager is showing 100% utilisation which is incorrect according to my AMD system monitor. How can I fix this, it happened after the recent updates I made through windows. Has anyone else had this error and if so is there a fix so that task manager reads...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 100% utilisation of hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 100% utilisation of hard drive: Hi, This is an old one that is asked many times. I have researched answers for several months and still cannot find a solution so any ideas would be welcome. I have a nine month old Windows 10 Pro box. 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD boot drive and 2TB conventional data drive....
  8. Disk relation to Physical drive ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk relation to Physical drive ?: How can I find in Computer Management which Disk belongs to what physical drive ? 132797
  9. Disk relation to Physical drive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk relation to Physical drive ?: How can I find in Computer Management which Disk belongs to what physical drive ? 132797
  10. Low CPU Utilisation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low CPU Utilisation: Hi Guys n Gals I'm hoping someone can help with my problem. My laptop has been running slow for a few days and I have noticed that my CPU utilization very rarely goes above 16%. I set it to High Performance but that hasn't made any difference. At the moement I have...