Windows 10: Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Discus and support Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I started to use OneDrive two years ago I set it up so that all files generated by me/programs that I run are saved to folders in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alan_Mayo, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Alan_Mayo Win User

Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

When I started to use OneDrive two years ago I set it up so that all files generated by me/programs that I run are saved to folders in my C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder. Until recently all files generated from utilities that I use (e.g. pdf's generated by scanning utility, backup files generated by accounting package) would automatically save to the appropriate OneDrive folder. But since a month ago I get error messages when non-Microsoft programs try to save files they have generated to my OneDrive. The error messages differ according to the program but basically they say it was not possible to save the file / find the location or insufficient space. Microsoft Office files are saving to OneDrive without a problem. As a workaround I am having to direct these programs to save files to other locations on my C drive.

I have loads of available space on OneDrive and plenty on my C drive. I automatically take Microsoft updates. I am running Windows 10 on an Asus UX330UA. I have standard OneDrive settings and have not made changes to these recently.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

:)

Alan_Mayo, Apr 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Automatically backup OneDrive Files?

Is there a way to use Windows 10 File History utility to automatically backup my files that are already on OneDrive? I can add the folders in the File History utility, but when the backup is performed, the files are not actually saved.

I know that most people backup files to OneDrive, but I want to make sure that I have automatically saved offline versions as well just in case I delete something by accident, or am hit with ransomware. Without an offline copy, the ransomware will be able
    to make my automatically synchronized files useless as well.

I know that I can manually download the files, but the ability to keep updated versions is preferable.

Mr.aReCool, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

1. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive - Similar Threads - Utilities run longer

2. File is not saving on OneDrive automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File is not saving on OneDrive automatically: I am having problems with files I try to edit on my OneDrive.Previously all worked fine, espcially AutoSave.I am logged into OneDrive fine but when I try to save an Excel file I get this error...
  3. File is not saving on OneDrive automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File is not saving on OneDrive automatically: I am having problems with files I try to edit on my OneDrive.Previously all worked fine, espcially AutoSave.I am logged into OneDrive fine but when I try to save an Excel file I get this error...
  4. File is not saving on OneDrive automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...: I recently discovered that Onedrive is copying all files I save on my devices that are all linked. I have never used OneDrive or downloaded it's app, so I was shocked to know that hundreds of my personal files now exist on Onedrive. I can follow a link to my files. I can...
  6. Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...: I recently discovered that Onedrive is copying all files I save on my devices that are all linked. I have never used OneDrive or downloaded it's app, so I was shocked to know that hundreds of my personal files now exist on Onedrive. I can follow a link to my files. I can...
  7. Automatic save and run on IE11?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic save and run on IE11?: I am in deploy a VM win 10 for malware analysis. And I try run a win + r for iexplorer.exe http://example.com/exe.exe And I want save and run automatic. It is possible? I completely lost here. submitted by /u/roleal [link] [comments]...
  8. No longer using OneDrive - prtsc no longer automatically saving screenshots. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No longer using OneDrive - prtsc no longer automatically saving screenshots. How do I fix this?: Basically the title. My microsoft subscription has lapsed and no longer automatically saves screenshots when I hit prtsc. Is there any way to make that button save screenshots to my regular screenshots folder? I can't figure it out. submitted by /u/waceyhawpuh [link]...
  9. How can I get office to save files to my PC and not to Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get office to save files to my PC and not to Onedrive?: I have Windows 10 and Home office student but everything is being saved to ondrive and I want everything to save to my PC and upload once a week to onedrive....
  10. Does Onedrive automatically save files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Onedrive automatically save files?: Hi, OS Windows 10 (Japanese) Browser Firefox I have never used OneDrive but after recent Windows update, Windows 10 version 1903 (KB4505903) it is showing OneDrive Icon in Taskbar. Yesterday August 02, 2019, during Windows update when computer was rebooting there was a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically backup files to onedrive