Windows 10: utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives?

Discus and support utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Anyone know of a utility that can simulate a striped drive for cheap non-raid external drives? Something similar to WinRAR's "Split to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by williamj78, Jan 3, 2019.

1. utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives?

Hello,

Anyone know of a utility that can simulate a striped drive for cheap non-raid external drives?

Something similar to WinRAR's "Split to volume" but with no compression?

williamj

:)

williamj78, Jan 3, 2019

2. Upgrading Windows 7 PC with Raid Boot Drive

I have a Windows 7 PC with a Striped Raid 0 boot C drive. The Raid was created using hardware raid in a Non-UEFI motherboard.

Can I perform a Windows 10 Update or must I do a clean Install of Windows 10?

Cal

Cal hughes, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Best performance: Windows 10 software striping vs. storage spaces simple

Looking to squeeze a bit more speed out of my development PC for test VMs without necessarily switching to hardware RAID. I've got two identical 2TB SATA-3 data drives (OS is on SSD) so I could rebuild as a Windows 10 striped disk (using disk manager) or create a Windows 10 storage pool with a simple space.

Any suggestions for which would give the best performance? I've always understood that Windows software RAID was pretty poor (although probably better than non-striped) but that was compared to hardware RAID. Can't find much which compares software RAID to storage spaces.

munrobasher, Jan 3, 2019
  4. oinkypig Win User

utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives?

RAID 0 (Stripe) Failed) On a non raid HDD

Use test disk program to recover the "unallocated partition" on the /12tb drive and keep all the files on it. does the raid configuration still recognize the 2tb or 1tb hdd as a raid 0 array? if so its by mistake. use test disk to roll back to the normal partition operations, confirm the selected partition to activate it and your files should be unaltered. All the data on the hdd is on the disk drive but isnt recognized because its partition isnt active and raid 0 is by mistake, revert back up to the partition with all the data in it. ok so open test disk>create log>select media>efi gpt>analyze>quick search>stop after about a minute> select 1tb hdd>deeper search>wait another minute than stop>continue> from there you will need to select the correct partition with the list of files and make this the active partition on that drive.

oinkypig, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives?

1. utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives? - Similar Threads - utility simulate disk

2. disk utility 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk utility 100%: No matter what, Disk drive hits 99%. Did fresh reinstall, no luck. Lags during games or sometimes doing nothing at all. Please help before I buy a new SSD for my HP Omen laptop....
  3. Internet non-utilization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet non-utilization: Hello, I'm not exactly sure how to even explain the issue....My PC wont utilize my internet connection to even 1% of it's capacity, not hyperbole. When it worked, I was hitting >100mb/s, now task manager gives me a 30kb/s on a good day. The strangest part though, is it...
  4. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  5. Disk Defrag Utility is not showing C: Drive!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Defrag Utility is not showing C: Drive!: I am a Windows 10 user and my Disk Defragment Utility is not showing C: Drive.[ATTACH] I can see the Drive in Disk Management. I also did a chkdsk /r search and it told me that the drive could be checked after a reboot and did that but it took almost 16 hours and was stuck...
  6. Striped 0 Windows 10 RAID - will be affected by OS reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Striped 0 Windows 10 RAID - will be affected by OS reinstall?: I setup a Raid 0 stripe volume between 3 seperate drives in WIndows 10 disk management. If I reinstall the OS of Windows 10 that's on a seperate SSD, will it affect the raid 0 since that was initially created in Windows 10? Will the stripe 0 volume still be there after...
  7. Striping a couple of disks

Striping a couple of disks: Hi Everyone - I'm working on a project for school; I've striped two empty 5GB disks and I cannot figure out why Windows 10 has used 90MB of space. I've have dug through all of the text and traversed the internet for the answer, however - I've not been able to find what is...
  8. disk utility

disk utility: reinstalled windows 10 home and now optimize disk references solid state disks rather than hard drive disks and utility does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-utility/6ab769c7-e5fe-4832-ad75-826f85e108e2"
  9. Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal: Hi everyone! I researched a lot over this problem, but I cannot figure out how to resolve it. Motherboard: Intel DP55WB, BIOS version: 0336 BIOS has 3 options for hard drives: IDE, RAID, AHCI In Windows 10 Pro x64 If I select AHCI in BIOS all disks show as internals, but...
  10. Raid Utility screen is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Raid Utility screen is broken: I Can't reinstall windows because my drive is Corrupted and I can get past the screen[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/raid-utility-screen-is-broken/3d4f02c3-83ba-4df4-ada8-159a6ae60f61