Windows 10: Utilizing an already used Windows USB to download windows on different computer

Discus and support Utilizing an already used Windows USB to download windows on different computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Im currently building a new computer, I obviously do not have windows currently as the PC is almost built. I was wondering if i utilize a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lilyates, Dec 11, 2020.

1. lilyates Win User

Utilizing an already used Windows USB to download windows on different computer

Im currently building a new computer, I obviously do not have windows currently as the PC is almost built. I was wondering if i utilize a Windows 10 Home USB Boot drive from an older build, can i use that to download windows onto my newly built PC and then buy a new key for 99$ instead of buying another flash drive.

:)

lilyates, Dec 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 11, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

use the 'windows 7 USB DVD tool'

Mussels, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Utilizing an already used Windows USB to download windows on different computer - Similar Threads - Utilizing already used

2. Windows 11 Home already used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home already used: I bought Windows 11 Home for my iMac to use on the virtual drive on Parallels and approx a month later the drive crashed and had to be re done, but now when I loaded my Windows licence it says it has already been used when I want to activate it, but its on the same drive....
  3. Windows 11 Home already used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home already used: I bought Windows 11 Home for my iMac to use on the virtual drive on Parallels and approx a month later the drive crashed and had to be re done, but now when I loaded my Windows licence it says it has already been used when I want to activate it, but its on the same drive....
  4. Downloading the oscdimg utility for Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading the oscdimg utility for Windows 11 Update: HiWhere can I download the latest version of the oscdimg utility for Windows 11 Update?ThanksBye https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-the-oscdimg-utility-for-windows-11/bd0b478d-6df0-4dd9-8cae-3adb469405a0
  5. Downloading the oscdimg utility for Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading the oscdimg utility for Windows 11 Update: HiWhere can I download the latest version of the oscdimg utility for Windows 11 Update?ThanksBye https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-the-oscdimg-utility-for-windows-11/bd0b478d-6df0-4dd9-8cae-3adb469405a0
  6. Windows 10 downloading for a different computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 downloading for a different computer: i am trying to download windows 10 on a usb for a different device, however when i use the media creation tool it does not work. I get to lanuguage and then press next, then it says to have at least 8GB storage on C:, i am using an old laptop that that has no space but my usb...
  7. windows 10 key already used

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 key already used: I have had a Mojang Minecraft account since 2013 and when I went to redeem my windows 10 key it said that it had already been redeemed In 2017. The problem is that I know I didn't redeem it because I barely learned that you get a free code a day ago. I already searched it in...
  8. Why CPU Utilization Is Different When Using Different Hard Drives?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why CPU Utilization Is Different When Using Different Hard Drives?: Hi all, I'm using Corel VideoStudio X8 Pro to edit video files. However, I've found an issue about the differences among the speed of exporting video using different external hard drives. When I use a 4T Western Digital external hard drive or a 4T Transcend external hard...
  9. Installing Windows 10 USB on a computer with Debian already installed

Installing Windows 10 USB on a computer with Debian already installed: I have a computer with Debian installed. I want to wipe the disk and install Windows 10 using a recently purchased Win10 USB. If I set my computer to boot from the Win 10 USB, can I then wipe/format the disk using the Win 10 installation procedure? Will this eliminate the...
  10. Windows 10 OS already in use

Windows 10 OS already in use: If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go back to it, or would W10 remain on the HDD in another partition and can be safely retrieved? Thanks . 113189