Windows 10: uTorrent doesn't creat start menu shortcut or taskbar icon

Discus and support uTorrent doesn't creat start menu shortcut or taskbar icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As per title, anyone else found this? Is there anything I can do to make it install properly? Thanks 21085 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbeasto, Sep 3, 2015.

1. elbeasto Win User

uTorrent doesn't creat start menu shortcut or taskbar icon

As per title, anyone else found this?

Is there anything I can do to make it install properly?

Thanks

:)

elbeasto, Sep 3, 2015
  2. MartinDK Win User

Can't Pin Windows 10 Recycle Bin to Taskbar

Hi - you can fix this problem by first creating a shortcut for the recyle bin. Once you've done this you'll be able to pin it to your start menu and the taskbar. For some reason if you don't use a shortcut you can only pin the recycle bin to the start menu
    and not the taskbar. So here are the steps you need to do in full..

• go to desktop and make sure you've got 'show desktop' icons selected so you can view the desktop icons including the recyle bin.
    • right click the recycle bin and choose the option to create a shortcut. This creates a short cut icon to the recyle bin on the desktop (yes, of itself pretty useless but it is this that fixes the problem for us!)
    • now select and right click the shortcut you created in Step 2. above and choose the option to 'pin to start'. This creates a tile on your start menu to the recycle bin.
    • goto the Start Menu and choose the recyle bin tile you created in step 3. right click this and you'll now see there is an option to pin it so the taskbar. All should now be working and you'll have a shortcut to your recycle bin on both your start menu and
      on the taskbar.

Quite why MS should make achieving this simple objective so very difficult is one of the great mystries of the 21st Century!?

MartinDK, Sep 3, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Trying to pin 'Microsoft Edge' to taskbar

Hi Alan, drag Edge from your Start menu onto the Desktop

This will create a Desktop Shortcut, but will also leave the Tile on the Start Menu

If you right click the Desktop Icon, can you then choose 'Pin to Taskbar'?

DaveM121, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

No, works fine for me. I use ut 2.2.1

Gary, Sep 3, 2015
  5. elbeasto Win User
    oh where can I get that version?

Thanks

344 comes with a browser hijacker now too.

elbeasto, Sep 3, 2015
  6. elbeasto Win User
    Nevermind, found it and yeah the icons work fine but looks quite old.

elbeasto, Sep 3, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    Here is a newer Icon you can use

UtorrentIconRed.ico

Gary, Sep 3, 2015
  8. elbeasto Win User

Thanks Gary but I finally got the new version working with comparability mode (Windows 7) on the installer.

elbeasto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. uTorrent doesn't creat start menu shortcut or taskbar icon - Similar Threads - uTorrent doesn't creat

2. Adding shortcut icon to the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding shortcut icon to the start menu: I have created a powershell script for a custom shutdown. Is it possible to add the shortcut icon to the start menu. See image. [img] 159199
  3. If I change an app icon, it doesn't change it for the Taskbar or Windows start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I change an app icon, it doesn't change it for the Taskbar or Windows start menu.: so I'm working with a .exe (steam game). I have a desktop shortcut on which I have changed the icon, i have also opened file location and changed the icon there. But when I search for it in the Windows start menu or I have it running, it shows the old icon. And yes, I have...
  4. Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable: Hi, please am having issues with my pc start menu, search bar and all the taskbar icons, after i update the windows 10. The start menu windows button is not working and all other taskbar icons. some settings like windows security and account settings are not working also....
  5. Create Shortcut on context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create Shortcut on context menu: Is there a way to take "Desktop - Create Shortcut" from the send to menu and put it on the top menu? 96298
  6. How to create shortcuts for start menu?

in Browsers and Email
    How to create shortcuts for start menu?: I am at my wits end with this issue: I started to populate my start menu with shortcuts (tiles) for things like google finance, flagler live news, etc..all websites by hitting "pin to start" in the new edge browser. I have now made Opera my default browser, so now I...
  7. Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu?: Is there any way to add the Device Manager to the taskbar or start menu? I have a bluetooth dongle that I always need to disable/enable from that menu. 48675
  8. Start menu shortcuts doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu shortcuts doesn't work: After installing Creators Update, programs shortcuts already uninstalled continues to show on start menu. For example, I uninstalled Forza Motorsport 6, and if I type "Forza..." in the start menu, the shortcut appears and if I click nothing happens, either with the left...
  9. Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu: Whenever I move shortcuts to a folder in the Start Menu, a lot of times the icon turns into what appears to be a white blank sheet of paper. I've tried changing the icon, to no avail. They show up just fine in the Start Menu, just not in File Explorer. How do I fix this? 82451
  10. Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu: Hello. I have Sysinternals Autoruns installed. I created a shortcut to the executable, moved the shortcut to "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sysinternals Software", but it simply will not show in my start menu, even after a reboot (several...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 doesnt properly install utorrent create shortcuts etc