Windows 10: UTorrent Issue...

Discus and support UTorrent Issue... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Nothing major. Well, not that I think so! But basically, I updated to the latest uTorrent, and it works fine. However, it no longer shows in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gelbs, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Gelbs Win User

UTorrent Issue...

Nothing major. Well, not that I think so!

But basically, I updated to the latest uTorrent, and it works fine. However, it no longer shows in my add/remove/programs list (Windows 10).
    After it initially updated, the uTorrent symbol disappeared in the list, but it did show in the entries, but it wouldn't let me uninstall it, something about not having the permission etc. Anyway, I managed to clear it eventually, from the list via CC Cleaner and/or by changing a registry bit, and then deleted most registry keys and also folders, and then done a fresh install, but now, it doesn't show in the program list at all?! It works fine, but why's it not showing?? I have another computer, it updated Utorrent fine, and it shows correctly etc, in the program list!
    Any idea or solution, as to why?? Could be a dodgy registry value or something, somewhere. Never had issues before.
    Cheers.

:)

Gelbs, Sep 10, 2016

2. cannot run utorrent installer after updating to windows 10?

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• Is the issue specific to installing UTorrent?

• Which browser are you using?

Try installing different programs and check and if issue is specific to UTorrent, I suggest you to get in touch with UTorrent support.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 10, 2016
  3. cannot run utorrent installer after updating to windows 10?

I used windows 7(Utorrent worked properly)

I was updated to windows 10

Utorrent did not open so I downloaded Utorrent from Utorrent website

When i double click Utorrent setup file it says "Windows find 'D:\Downloads\uTorrent.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again."

Plz .. help me

Vijay Nirmal, Sep 10, 2016
  4. Gelbs Win User

UTorrent Issue...

Think I pretty much sorted it! For some reason, the registry is messed up. I looked at the registry on my other computer where it's fine, and basically copied parts over. The only thing being, if I uninstall it all, and reinstall, it doesn't appear in the program list. The problem is, is uTorrent isn't always creating the registry under 'uninstall'. It only now seems to do it, when I install like the beta version, and update it. That's when I need to go into the registry itself, and alter things, lol. Strange!

Gelbs, Sep 10, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Utorrent also has a portable version which doesn't have any registry entries -- if you use these sorts of programs I would suggest using the portable version and run of a USB stick.

Incidentally you are much safer using DELUGE as your torrent client on Linux together with the Tor browser for all sorts of reasons plus your system won't get accidentally riddled with spy/ad/malware/pups.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UTorrent Issue...

1. UTorrent Issue... - Similar Threads - UTorrent Issue

2. Microsoft won't let me install uTorrent app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won't let me install uTorrent app: Microsoft won't let me install utorrent app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wont-let-me-install-utorrent-app/f87cf1bc-482d-4f96-9457-4b7dd395baec
  3. Microsoft won't let me install uTorrent app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft won't let me install uTorrent app: Microsoft won't let me install utorrent app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wont-let-me-install-utorrent-app/f87cf1bc-482d-4f96-9457-4b7dd395baec
  4. utorrent installtion issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    utorrent installtion issues: been trying to install utorrent for a while, but installer keeps showing this, would be grateful for any assistance.p.s internet connection has been seen to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/utorrent-installtion-issues/feacf1e4-c0c9-461a-a22e-fa540ed1df7d
  5. utorrent installtion issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    utorrent installtion issues: been trying to install utorrent for a while, but installer keeps showing this, would be grateful for any assistance.p.s internet connection has been seen to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/utorrent-installtion-issues/feacf1e4-c0c9-461a-a22e-fa540ed1df7d
  6. Is there any other software than utorrent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any other software than utorrent?: uTorrent is not a safe software for downloading movies. I searched for similar apps in Microsoft store but they aren't operable. They are too unstable to operate. Is there any other apps than utorrent to download movies and games?...
  7. i have a problem or it might be a problem my windows security is detecting utorrent as a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i have a problem or it might be a problem my windows security is detecting utorrent as a...: here is a picture of the problem i think i will want a solution with this pdated every day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-or-it-might-be-a-problem-my/01469d12-755b-48ac-adf0-d233dae9d8ef
  8. When I load utorrent, internet stops working, but torrent works normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I load utorrent, internet stops working, but torrent works normal: Lately, I have a problem with my optical internet. WIFI usually works on one smartphone. On the other, it doesn't. If I load the Utorrent program, no matter if I right away close the program, the internet will stop working until I reset my router, but if I load the VPN app,...
  9. uTorrent not able to be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uTorrent not able to be installed: Hello everyone: basically, I was trying to download a torrent when I noticed that magnet links were not working or "not connected" to my torrent downloader uTorrent, so I decided to update it, however, I wasn't able to click the yellow notification saying to update it, so I...
  10. ISSUE REAGARDING INSTALLING UTORRENT ON WINDOWS10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISSUE REAGARDING INSTALLING UTORRENT ON WINDOWS10: Able to download utorrent but not able to install it on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-reagarding-installing-utorrent-on-windows10/2963bc6e-d4ed-42e4-93e9-d864060bbb08