Windows 10: UUID

Discus and support UUID in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A couple of our domain joined windows 10 systems are not able to get group policy updates, possibly because they have the same uuid. Is there anyway... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hojat Sabbahi, Nov 11, 2019.

1. UUID

A couple of our domain joined windows 10 systems are not able to get group policy updates, possibly because they have the same uuid. Is there anyway to change a systems uuid?

:)

Hojat Sabbahi, Nov 11, 2019

2. the universal identifier (UUID) type is not supported

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As you are getting the error "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported", I suggest you to refer the Microsoft help article to resolve this issue.

First logon fails with "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976660

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful.
    Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 11, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    UUID not available

Please explain the UUID that you feel your system lacks ... what type of UUID are you referring to?

Have you asked the developer of your application about the activation problem?

BulldogXX, Nov 11, 2019
  4. AslanPaul Win User

UUID

UUID Error and undetermined fix?

So really what I am wondering is what went wrong and how to prevent in the future, a UUID error.

Initially from looking up the problem, I have a general idea of what a UUID is, as well as the RPC involved with winlogon processes and group policy.

The thing that separates my case from the usual is:
    The UUID error usually happens for new users when setting up, while my problem
    occurred out of the blue after 6 months of perfect use.

Six hours go by (School), the UUID error is still showing from when I first noticed the problem in the morning (I can still log into my desktop mind you, but internet is not operational), so I decided to take some steps to resolve hoping to dear god I wouldn't
    have to re-install windows or configure the scary registry key in which I have no experience in formatting.

-System Recovery: Settings crashed every time I tried to enter System Recovery,

Here is the interesting part of it; I run a quick 2 step memory diagnostic out of the starting F12 options,

and at the end I connect to the internet from the Windows logon screen, and poof, like that, the problem is gone, like it was never there.

Here is windows saying the only workaround is to modify that highly specific registry key,

or other sites telling me to re-install windows (Which is the solution to almost anything).....

My Question:

• Since I am a repeat logger, and this error occurs really only for new users, what caused this? Why did this happen, out of nowhere?
    • How was this resolved? I ran a simple diagnostic and it's fixed instantly.. that or the internet fixed it which I doubt since Group Policy is local via registry. And windows telling me that the only way to fix this is to get specific with the registry (that
      is one scary place).

I know, why not be "Happy" with how this miracle of what could've been a disaster? Well I want to know what happened, so I can prevent it, and I want to know how to fix it in case it happens again, and deal with it.

Thanks! - Aslan Paul

AslanPaul, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

UUID

1. UUID - Similar Threads - UUID

2. I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error: When I use any of the commands to get the UUID the command prompt gives me output of:Node - COPYSTRIKEDname most possibly of the node I think ERROR: Description = Critical errorPlease someone help me if they know how to fix this. I am not that educated around command prompt...
  3. I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error: When I use any of the commands to get the UUID the command prompt gives me output of:Node - COPYSTRIKEDname most possibly of the node I think ERROR: Description = Critical errorPlease someone help me if they know how to fix this. I am not that educated around command prompt...
  4. Would you like to hear about Merged Network?UUID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would you like to hear about Merged Network?UUID?: ******************NEW**************************************COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAMEsh 16042 u0_a255 cwd DIR 0,156 3488 3033 /storage/emulated/0sh 16042 u0_a255...
  5. Would you like to hear about Merged Network?UUID?

Would you like to hear about Merged Network?UUID?: ******************NEW**************************************COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAMEsh 16042 u0_a255 cwd DIR 0,156 3488 3033 /storage/emulated/0sh 16042 u0_a255...
  6. Can i change system UUID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i change system UUID?: Hello,I have a question regarding changing the system UUID obtained from "win32_computersystemproduct" to a new one. Is this possible?If not, could the UUID be altered by:Formatting Windows and installing a new one?Upgrading the hard disk and CPU?Updating the BIOS?Thanks!...
  7. Can i change system UUID?

Can i change system UUID?: Hello,I have a question regarding changing the system UUID obtained from "win32_computersystemproduct" to a new one. Is this possible?If not, could the UUID be altered by:Formatting Windows and installing a new one?Upgrading the hard disk and CPU?Updating the BIOS?Thanks!...
  8. Can i change system UUID?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  10. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uuid windows 10

2. windows 10 get partition uuid

3. uuid error windows 10