Windows 10: UWP App certification

Discus and support UWP App certification in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two projects in my app. One of the projects contains the pre-built OpenCV binaries. This project is built as a DLL. The other is managed code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rashid24, Aug 19, 2019.

1. rashid24 Win User

UWP App certification

I have two projects in my app. One of the projects contains the pre-built OpenCV binaries. This project is built as a DLL. The other is managed code and built as .EXE During certification, I get the following errors :

Windows security features test

FAILED
    Binary analyzer
    • Error Found: The binary analyzer test detected the following errors:
      • File C:\Program Files\windowsapps\40008stampanalyser.stampanalyser_1.0.0.0_x86__c0kghch5qhmpy\opencv_core310.dll has failed the AppContainerCheck check.
      • File C:\Program Files\windowsapps\40008stampanalyser.stampanalyser_1.0.0.0_x86__c0kghch5qhmpy\opencv_imgproc310.dll has failed the AppContainerCheck check.
    • Impact if not fixed: If the app doesn’t use the available Windows protections, it can increase the vulnerability of the customer's computer to malware.
    • How to fix: Apply the required linker options - SAFESEH, DYNAMICBASE, NXCOMPAT, and APPCONTAINER - when you link the app. See links below for more information:
      Fixing Binary Analyzer Errors

I have set all the flags, including APPCONTAINER for the project that is build as a DLL and contains the above open CV binaries.

Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rashid

:)

rashid24, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

UWP App certification 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Certain apps are crashing upon start. App reset, re-installation nothing seems to help. Any fixes?

The app in question are as follows:

• Engadget UWP
    • Windows Central UWP
    • CNET (Windows 8 App)
    These were working fine in AU.

I have tried App reset and re-installation from store. Nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Gupta Varun, Aug 19, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

UWP App certification

DaveM121, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

UWP App certification

1. UWP App certification - Similar Threads - UWP App certification

2. Default UWP apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default UWP apps: Hi, I wanted to understand, If there are any Default UWP apps that comes with vanilla Win10 Prof OS. If yes, how can i verify which are the UWP apps that are currently installed. Is there command to pull the list....
  3. UWP apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP apps not working: Hello, I am using a Surface Pro (2017) on the slow ring of Windows Insider. Over the couple last weeks, performance was so slow it began making the machine useless. I did a backup of all my files and decided to do a fresh install of Windows. To my surprise however, I was...
  4. Windows UWP apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  5. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  6. Update UWP app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update UWP app: At bootup I keep getting this DOS window that says "Update UWP file?" It slows down my bootup noticeably! I researched this heading and found that the MIcrosoft Store Apps Settings should be Automatically ON. I followed the instructions and discovered thatthis feature is ON...
  7. UWP apps failing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP apps failing.: So recently, out of the blue, all of the apps that would come from the Microsoft Store stopped being able to boot. (This started happening around two weeks ago) Everything from the Calculator, to the Calendar, to Mail, to Groove Music, to Photos, Xbox Companion, and even the...
  8. UWP apps fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP apps fonts: I have 3 PCs: Desktop 1 Desktop 2 Laptop One day I noticed that the font size/spacing is different for UWP apps while using the Windows 10 settings app. The two images show easily show a difference when switching between them in the sentences. Desktop 1 and Laptop are...
  9. UWP Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  10. The Lifecycle of a UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App: Lifecycle management in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is critical for the efficient use of battery power and memory. When done correctly, it allows the user to multitask between apps without needing to know anything about these resource optimizations. Today’s post...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp opencv dll fails certification