Windows 10: UWP app game not opening

Discus and support UWP app game not opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A UWP app specifically Among Us won't open. I've tried terminating it, repairing it, resetting it, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FailedKetchup27, Jan 18, 2021.

1. UWP app game not opening

A UWP app specifically Among Us won't open. I've tried terminating it, repairing it, resetting it, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing worked. It was working, but then it just crashed when I was using it, and when I tried to re-open it, it wouldn't open. The Microsoft Store said that something was wrong with it, so I reinstalled it, but that didn't work. I have also tried to open it with the command line, and boot in safe mode. The computer is fairly new, and the game was working before, so I don't know what's wrong. Other UWP apps such as Minecraft open fine, but this one doesn't. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

FailedKetchup27, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. UWP app game not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

Source: Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP libraries and Samples App | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Jan 18, 2021
  4. UWP app game not opening

Objects in UWP Games Appear Pink

For some reason, my UWP games show objects and backgrounds as pink in colour which really round the experience of the games. This issue is on many of the games I've tried. Please give suggestions to fix it.

EurypteridX, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

UWP app game not opening

1. UWP app game not opening - Similar Threads - UWP app game

2. Windows 11 UWP apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 UWP apps not opening: Hello There,I have been trying to get my Notepad and Other UWP apps working with no success. I have ran DISM and SFC with no success and have even reset the Microsoft Store Cache. Please respond fast, as i need this computer....
  3. Windows 11 UWP apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 UWP apps not opening: Hello There,I have been trying to get my Notepad and Other UWP apps working with no success. I have ran DISM and SFC with no success and have even reset the Microsoft Store Cache. Please respond fast, as i need this computer....
  4. UWP weird focus at app open every time

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP weird focus at app open every time: hi MSFT I build a c++ UWP app like : it's run well on Win10/W11 22000.one day, OS update to Win11 22612, UWP not change a code,now focus at my 1st checkbox every launch, pretty sure keyboard tab was not clicked also check my code that doesn't any part for focus.how can I...
  5. UWP weird focus at app open every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP weird focus at app open every time: hi MSFT I build a c++ UWP app like : it's run well on Win10/W11 22000.one day, OS update to Win11 22612, UWP not change a code,now focus at my 1st checkbox every launch, pretty sure keyboard tab was not clicked also check my code that doesn't any part for focus.how can I...
  6. UWP weird focus at app open every time

7. uwp apps not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uwp apps not opening: most of the universal windows platform apps windows store apps won't open on my pc for some reason, though system apps such as quick assist, windows defender, settings, and windows sandbox do open. is there a reason this happens and a fix for this issue? video demonstration:...
  8. Windows UWP Apps Open minimized to taskbar on reboot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows UWP Apps Open minimized to taskbar on reboot.: Found the toggle in settings to re-open apps state on reboot. Only issue for some reason the UWP Windows 10 apps Calendar,Weather,Calculator open minimized to taskbar. Where Firefox and Sticky Notes and other 3rd party apps are fully open in their last position and size. Why...
  9. UWP Apps not opening

UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  10. Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

in Windows 10 News
    Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..: Windows App Studio is all about making it as easy as possible to build apps for Windows. The online tool helps you build apps with no coding required, so you can either start your project there and extend it in Visual Studio, or you can create and build the app completely in...