Windows 10: UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after...

Discus and support UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything was normal and I powered up my laptop. Once I log in I notice that the icons for UWP apps except for Your Phone that are on my taskbar are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rednax35, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Rednax35 Win User

UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after...

Everything was normal and I powered up my laptop. Once I log in I notice that the icons for UWP apps except for Your Phone that are on my taskbar are missing. I thought unpinning them would solve the problem, but when I right click the icons, the only thing that shows up is "Unpin from taskbar" and nothing else, which is odd, and when I try to unpin them, nothing happens. They just stay there and won't go away. I've tried running Disk Cleanup to see if it was an issue with the old icons conflicting with the new Fluent Design icons, but to no avail. I'm not running an Insider Build either, just the standard version 1910

I've provided a picture of the issue, it's really strange how this cropped up out of nowhere and I have looked and asked around in other places and have gotten nothing out of it. The icons in order are Microsoft Store, Weather, and Mail

I tried reinstalling Weather and Mail, and that did remove the icons from the taskbar, but now I cannot pin them back to the taskbar for some reason which is even weirder.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please let me know as this is annoying as these 3 applications are ones that I use a ton.

UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after... 950348ba-46d5-403e-a495-ead7a0fe796e?upload=true.png

:)

Rednax35, Mar 15, 2020

2. UWP icons dark on taskbar

and wanted to post the solution in case anyone has this issue.

It was Start10 causing the issue. You can pick different styles of Start Menu in it -- Win7, Modern, and Win10 Styles. But Win7 and Win10 Styles have different icons for UWP apps. So since I had pinned the UWP apps to the taskbar while running in Win7 style (dark icons against light backgrounds), you could barely make them out. You need to be running in Win10 Style when you pin the apps to the taskbar.

Fix was really simple:
    - unpin the UWP apps from the taskbar
    - right-click Start10 start icon, 'Configure Star10...' and pick the 'Windows 10 Style'
    - re-pin the UWP apps to the taskbar
    - switch back to 'Windows 7 Style'

kjlkjadfasdfasd, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

Yupp, this Pin and Unpin from Taskbar are missing on my context menus. I have it for Thunderbird though

UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after... [​IMG]

Mais stands for More, Afixar em Início stands for Pin to Start, Afixar na barra de tarefas stands for Pin to Taskbar

UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after... [​IMG]

angelolopes, Mar 15, 2020
  4. UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after...

Icons of UWP/Metro apps not showing in taskbar

UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after... eae356dc-591c-4de0-8e53-e85eea72d453.jpg

Icons of UWP/Metro/Modern apps (first gap in the image is Edge, second (the active app) is mail, third is Twitter) are not showing up in the taskbar, nor when they're pinned, nor when they're opened. Icons of classic desktop (Win32) apps are visible. Icons
    from the right to PowerShell are pinned, from Slack to the right are just opened.

I've tried several reboots, upinning and re-pinning the apps and a script suggested here: Icons pinned to task bar are not displayed properly on Windows 10.,
    but my problem isn't solved. Any ideas?

Arthur Rump, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after...

1. UWP App Icons missing from Taskbar, also unable to remove said icons or pin them back after... - Similar Threads - UWP App Icons

2. Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon: this was happening to me with Windows 10 I installed Win 11 clean installation and this but still not fixed - After I pin the apps Microsoft Store and mail app I believe this happened only to the app from the store. It doesn't happen with the app installed from the setup file...
  3. Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon: this was happening to me with Windows 10 I installed Win 11 clean installation and this but still not fixed - After I pin the apps Microsoft Store and mail app I believe this happened only to the app from the store. It doesn't happen with the app installed from the setup file...
  4. Taskbar icon missing when pinned

Taskbar icon missing when pinned: The icon for one of my apps Telegram is missing when it is pinned to the taskbar. The icon looks fine on the Start Menu and when it is not pinned, but goes away as soon as I pin it.I tried rebuilding the icon cache, restarting explorer, running `SFC /SCANNOW` and `DISM...
  5. UWP icons missing only on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP icons missing only on the taskbar: This problem occured only recently. Just now I launched Calculator and Edge and noticed that their icons are missing. I looked at the taskbar, turns out there were more missing icons. All turned out to be for UWP apps. What to do?...
  6. Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons: [IMG] Hey, is there any way how to manually change taskbar icons of UWP apps for the light theme? It seems like many UWP apps don't have built-in support for the light theme of Windows Shell and therefore the taskbar displays plated version when the user switches to light...
  7. Windows 10 icons missing for UWP apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 icons missing for UWP apps: This problem has been bugging me for months. Right now I don't really have the option to make a new user profile or reinstall due to some parts of my very janky setup, but UWP icons are just gone. This question seems to have the same problem as me. The weird thing is the...
  8. How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?

How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?: How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-label-from-the-pinned-iconapp-on-the/10ea4444-64ac-4f4c-bc3e-b1ea92c28b99
  9. Missing App Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing App Icons on Taskbar: No app icons will appear on the taskbar. They show fine in the Start menu, but are missing on the taskbar. It only includes apps, no installed programs are having this issue. This includes calculator, Edge, Xbox, etc. I tried rebuilding the icon cache from this tutorial, but...
  10. App ICON's missing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    App ICON's missing in Taskbar: Hello all, I've been running Windows 10 for a year or so now.. I tend to run several (dozens) of applications at the same time, and to manage that, I would hover the mouse over the icons in the task bar to see which running application, I wanted to access. For example,...