Windows 10: UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.

Discus and support UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I'm having an issue where various UWP app icons no longer display in the taskbar. Win32 apps all display correctly. Please see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skaalgard, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Skaalgard Win User

UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.

Hey everyone! I'm having an issue where various UWP app icons no longer display in the taskbar. Win32 apps all display correctly. Please see my attached screenshot for an example. I've reset the icon cache etc to no avail. Thank you!

:)

Skaalgard, Oct 16, 2018

2. Icons of UWP/Metro apps not showing in taskbar

UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar. eae356dc-591c-4de0-8e53-e85eea72d453.jpg

Icons of UWP/Metro/Modern apps (first gap in the image is Edge, second (the active app) is mail, third is Twitter) are not showing up in the taskbar, nor when they're pinned, nor when they're opened. Icons of classic desktop (Win32) apps are visible. Icons
    from the right to PowerShell are pinned, from Slack to the right are just opened.

I've tried several reboots, upinning and re-pinning the apps and a script suggested here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...isplayed/8f308e41-6edf-45d7-8346-05b895ec517e,
    but my problem isn't solved. Any ideas?

Arthur Rump, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Icons of Store UWP apps are not correctly displayed anywhere. How to fix this?

Icons of UWP apps are not being shown correctly in the taskbar, app list in the Settings app and most other places. This problem started sometime ago with Windows 10 Anniversary update. I didn't do anything about it then. However the problem still persists
    after Creators update. Icons of normal applications are displayed correctly. Only the UWP app icons are affected. Any fix for this?

UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar. e2661516-bec2-4493-9071-314089b8eec9.png

UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar. 22dead4c-6ad8-4cb5-a63e-551bdc8df195.png

anurag_ekka, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar. - Similar Threads - UWP App icons

2. Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps

in Cortana
    Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps: Hi there, I recently created a thread for the same: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icons-disappeared-for-uwp-and-windows-apps-in/1e6527f6-2ff7-4216-bfc2-3b4cc074ef50. However the issue seems to have transferred from one PC to another, yesterday it...
  3. Wifi Icon - Sometimes You See The Icon & Sometimes You Don't!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Icon - Sometimes You See The Icon & Sometimes You Don't!!!: I have a wifi icon the like to play hide and seek!!! Because sometimes it's in the Settings and sometimes it disappears! So, how do I get it to remain permanently where it should be? Thank you. Regards,...
  4. Why don't taskbar icon display settings stick?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why don't taskbar icon display settings stick?: I think this has been happening as long as there have been taskbar icons (XP?). You set volume, network, battery, etc. to display, and they do. Then some random time later -- 3 days, a week, whatever, one or all of them stop displaying. So you go back to the settings and turn...
  5. UWP icons missing only on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP icons missing only on the taskbar: This problem occured only recently. Just now I launched Calculator and Edge and noticed that their icons are missing. I looked at the taskbar, turns out there were more missing icons. All turned out to be for UWP apps. What to do?...
  6. Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering

Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering: I used to be able to hover over the icons on my taskbar and preview the open windows. Now I have to click the icon see the windows. This is especially annoying when i try to change a spotify track withouth switching to the actual window. Please help....
  7. Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons

Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons: [IMG] Hey, is there any way how to manually change taskbar icons of UWP apps for the light theme? It seems like many UWP apps don't have built-in support for the light theme of Windows Shell and therefore the taskbar displays plated version when the user switches to light...
  8. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  9. UWP icons dark on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    UWP icons dark on taskbar: I have started using some UWP apps and have pinned them to the taskbar. But on some PCs, the icons are dark so they cannot be seen. I can click the spot where I know they are and start the apps, I just cannot see them. Initially, I thought it was an issue with Start10, but...
  10. How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?

How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?: I used to the Visual Studio Asset Generator to generate images for all visual assets. When I run the app, the Taskbar icon is too small and it picks the accent color I have chosen. For reference, I have uploaded the icon of Visual Studio 2017 as well. How do I make the icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows10 UWP icon Not diskplay for task bar

2. sometimes windows defender icon not on taskbar

3. taskbar icon uwp not showing

4. uwp app icon not appearing in task bar