Windows 10: UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out

Discus and support UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently started using gamepass on PC and when I installed games from the windows store, the apps were displaying their icons correctly. But when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BadTemperedLizard, Apr 19, 2020.

1. UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out

I recently started using gamepass on PC and when I installed games from the windows store, the apps were displaying their icons correctly. But when i played with my desktop icon zoom, they started looking like this any the won't go back. Is there any way to fix this, or is it a bug?

submitted by /u/BadTemperedLizard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BadTemperedLizard, Apr 19, 2020

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP

Source: Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Apr 19, 2020
  4. UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out

1. UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out - Similar Threads - UWP app shortcuts

2. My computer is super zoomed in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is super zoomed in.: My computer screen is super zoomed in. I have tried adjusting resolution with little help. Uninstalling the screen helped for about a minute and then reverted back. Please help....
  3. My computer is super zoomed in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is super zoomed in.: My computer screen is super zoomed in. I have tried adjusting resolution with little help. Uninstalling the screen helped for about a minute and then reverted back. Please help....
  4. My computer is super zoomed in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ui of windows is super zoomed in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ui of windows is super zoomed in: submitted by /u/recky261194 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4ko1g/ui_of_windows_is_super_zoomed_in/
  6. Games are super zoomed in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games are super zoomed in: I've been using the Epic Games Launcher but recently everytime I open a game it's super zoomed in to the point where I can't do anything. What do I do to fix it? submitted by /u/Cyclops_Boss [link] [comments]...
  7. How to create desktop shortcuts for Windows 10 UWP apps

in Windows 10 News
    How to create desktop shortcuts for Windows 10 UWP apps: [ATTACH]Microsoft introduced UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps in Windows OS based on UWA (Universal Windows Apps) to access across all compatible Microsoft Windows devices like […] This article How to create desktop shortcuts for Windows 10 UWP apps first appeared on...
  8. App Zoomed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Zoomed Out: I was playing a game and I clicked some random keys and the screen like zoomed out. I tried restarting and uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-zoomed-out/7d980da9-24d1-4d4e-b06f-283acffba165
  9. Videos super-zoomed-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos super-zoomed-in: Hi I've been experiencing an issue recently (within the past 72 hrs) All of my videos i opt to watch, whether thru windows media player, facebook, (even ****) are extremely zoomed in. This is frustrating me, I've done minor troubleshooting by restarting my device and...
  10. Videos played were super zoomed in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos played were super zoomed in: It was all fine until yesterday. But today suddenly all the videos that I've tried to open in various places (Films & TV, Windows Media Player, Chrome, Microsoft Edge) were super zoomed in and in a blurry state. I am currently using Windows 10 and I've searched through this...