Windows 10: UWP App Suspension in Task Manager

Discus and support UWP App Suspension in Task Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I've encountered this problem during the time of post, and I already understand that the new UWP suspension system help with power efficiency but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MK [GC25], Dec 9, 2019.

1. MK [GC25] Win User

UWP App Suspension in Task Manager

Hello I've encountered this problem during the time of post, and I already understand that the new UWP suspension system help with power efficiency but I have one question. Is it possible to unsuspend a program? I've been trying to search for ways to reverse the suspension of said programs because I was trying to run them.

When I try and running other programs that have the green leaf symbol they don't unsuspend themselves. Whenever I open a program with the green symbol it disappears and works perfectly. But when I do it with Minecraft W10 Edition, it seems to go past the Mojang title screen and just pause at the white screen. When I checked the task manager it was still suspended.

Any help or something to clear something that is misunderstood would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MK [GC25], Dec 9, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Runtime Broker in Task Manager

Hi Donna

Check in Task Manager, in the list of processes are there many Windows UWP apps (Photos . . . etc.) running in the background?

DaveM121, Dec 9, 2019
  3. beverlyc Win User
    Task manager shows green leaf UWP is suspending processes to improve performance

task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green leaf" UWP is suspendign processes to improve performance???

***Modified title from: task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green leaf" UWP is suspendign processes to improve performance???***

beverlyc, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

UWP App Suspension in Task Manager 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

1. UWP App Suspension in Task Manager - Similar Threads - UWP App Suspension

2. There are no runnig apps in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are no runnig apps in task manager: Hdfu xhjcjc jckv xhjcgzhxjc bxjckvmv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-no-runnig-apps-in-task-manager/3638b6a4-62d9-401b-846e-263d62490aaa
  3. How not to show the disabled UWP apps from showing in the task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How not to show the disabled UWP apps from showing in the task manager?: I tried using Autorun, but the windows appsUWP apps doesn't show up in it. So how can i not to show the disabled apps from showing in task manager?...
  4. How not to show the disabled UWP apps from showing in the task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How not to show the disabled UWP apps from showing in the task manager?: I tried using Autorun, but the windows appsUWP apps doesn't show up in it. So how can i not to show the disabled apps from showing in task manager?...
  5. Any plans to finally rewrite the task manager as a Windows UWP apps to support dark theme?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any plans to finally rewrite the task manager as a Windows UWP apps to support dark theme?: Any plans to finally rewrite the task manager as a Windows UWP apps to support dark theme? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-plans-to-finally-rewrite-the-task-manager-as-a/705fbe70-3c7a-40e4-bf06-dcd2979dd386
  6. Uwp suspension

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uwp suspension: When i'm using discord, this Uwp process suspends it to save power why and how do i disable it. It's annoying cause i have to close discord and open it again. submitted by /u/AFROSword [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4o9se/uwp_suspension/
  7. Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager: Every time I try to open up any Microsoft app it closes immediately and on task manager it says the UWP is suspending this process does anyone know how to fix this. I have tried full on hard resetting my computer but nothing has worked....
  8. Is there a way to disable UWP suspension in certain apps?

Is there a way to disable UWP suspension in certain apps?: I play Minecraft Bedrock, but sometimes I need to open up another program like Discord or Spotify. However, when I go back into Minecraft, it's disconnected and I need to close out and reopen it to work again. Is there a way to disable UWP app suspension for it? submitted by...
  9. Suspended apps on task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suspended apps on task manager: Hi I was wondering if there is a way I could unsuspend apps or stop them from being suspended in task manager When I try and open a game I have in file explorer it starts processing it for a bit and then suspends it and closes it but its only using less than 4% of the cpu...
  10. Missing app in Task Manager

Missing app in Task Manager: Hello, all. I am using the Arduino IDE for programming and the app is not showing up in the Task Manager. I have rebooted several times and it has not solved the problem. In order to close the program, I have to completely reboot the computer. I cannot find anything online...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is uwp process in the task manager

2. mail suspended w10 green leaf

3. UWP apps prevent suspention