Windows 10: UWP application can't launch in offline mode

Discus and support UWP application can't launch in offline mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; We faced a problem with one of our UWP application in offline mode. When offline, after the UWP install finish, click "Launch", it will report... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GenStoreCorel, May 14, 2019.

1. UWP application can't launch in offline mode

We faced a problem with one of our UWP application in offline mode.

When offline, after the UWP install finish, click "Launch", it will report error with "12007" error(Also same problem from the Start Menu). Even we removed the "Internet connection" capabilities, it still failed with the same error. Actually when goto the program installed folder, click the program exe file, it can launch successfully. So we assume the installation is correct, but some other issues. And once the network is connected, it will launch successfully, after that, it will always launch successfully even disconnect network again. We do not found much info about this issue , need some info

:)

GenStoreCorel, May 14, 2019
  2. Anup Karkal, May 14, 2019
  3. kth7 Win User
    Launch Path for UWPs

I have a MS wireless keyboard 3000 v2. With the MS mouse and keyboard centre, some of the shortcut keys can be used to trigger specific actions or launch specific apps.

I have not trouble setting shortcuts for win32 apps but not for UWP apps. If I create a shortcut for the UWPs on the desktop and reference to open the UWP via that shortcut I get an catastrophic error prompt.

UWP application can't launch in offline mode 7b454121-9360-4070-9535-bc4ca1e5a0ae.png

any ides to launch a UWP?

4. UWP application can't launch in offline mode

[UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., May 14, 2019
Thema:

UWP application can't launch in offline mode

1. UWP application can't launch in offline mode - Similar Threads - UWP application can't

2. Application will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  3. Application will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  4. UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.: I've been trying to get Windows apps to work for couple months now. I have tried everything, and nothing worked. When I try to load a UWP app it does nothing. It doesn't even show an error. This is what I have tried:1. sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.: I've been trying to get Windows apps to work for couple months now. I have tried everything, and nothing worked. When I try to load a UWP app it does nothing. It doesn't even show an error. This is what I have tried:1. sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. UWP applications with transparency issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP applications with transparency issues: After some update in the way, my MS Store has stopped working, and I've to reinstall windows over the old installation. But now, all applications from UWP have issues when the transparency effect is ON. Curiously, the control panel, taskbar and start menu is ok at all. Take...
  7. UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch: Hi guys! I have a 2016 i5 with Nvidia GPU Surface Book since launch and it has not given me any trouble until recently. So I first notice that my Photos App is not starting and I started using a third party photo viewer so I don't think it's much of a problem. Just now,...
  8. Enable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application: We are developing the UWP applications, which has the requirements to open the logical drives (C: and D:) on application like File Picker and File Explorer. We have both requirements, 1. File Picker 2. File Explorer - Display the all the drives and folders as like as windows...
  9. offline mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    offline mode: I have a hp envy 5540 printer,its been connected to my hp laptop for months everything works great. until 2 hours ago some how it went into offline mode and I have no ideal how to take it off....
  10. Using an application offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using an application offline: After the recent Windows 10 update, there is a problem using an application offline. The BBC provides a viewing platform call iPlayer and while an internet connection is necessary to download programmes, they could be watched anywhere without the need of an internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application is offline uwp