Windows 10: UWP applications with transparency issues

Discus and support UWP applications with transparency issues in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After some update in the way, my MS Store has stopped working, and I've to reinstall windows over the old installation. But now, all applications from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by lfercorrea, Mar 10, 2021.

1. UWP applications with transparency issues

After some update in the way, my MS Store has stopped working, and I've to reinstall windows over the old installation. But now, all applications from UWP have issues when the transparency effect is ON. Curiously, the control panel, taskbar and start menu is ok at all.

Take a look at this screenshot and notice how everything seems okay: UWP applications with transparency issues [​IMG]

And now, take a look into these groove music example:

UWP applications with transparency issues 021649a1-a633-49ea-a597-7e99dd574d95?upload=true.png

What happens to groove, also happens to any application like Alarm, Voice recorder, Calculator and anything like this. In some cases, some texts are illegible. Take a look:

UWP applications with transparency issues 5536d929-baa0-488e-8c6b-3b3a5297035f?upload=true.png

I've no idea how to troubleshoot this. Any idea to start a look?

:)

lfercorrea, Mar 10, 2021

2. [UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., Mar 10, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Does the issue occur with any other application or printing the picture without importing it to any application?
    • Does the page/image display the transparent background in print preview?
    • Does the issue occur with any other image format?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, so that we can look into it and suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue is specific to Microsoft Office apps like PowerPoint, I would request you to re-post your question in Microsoft Answers
    Office Forum stating that the issue is specific with Office apps.

We look forward to your reply,

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 10, 2021
  4. UWP applications with transparency issues

Transparency function

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution on your concern regarding transparency function, we need the following information:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • Could you possibly send us a screenshot of your transparency effects page?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

UWP applications with transparency issues

1. UWP applications with transparency issues - Similar Threads - UWP applications transparency

2. How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?: I am trying to find a way to make the WebView2 in UWP transparent. Tried different ways but BG stays white. I am going to use it in game bar widget that supports full transparency....
  3. How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?: I am trying to find a way to make the WebView2 in UWP transparent. Tried different ways but BG stays white. I am going to use it in game bar widget that supports full transparency....
  4. How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transparency Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency Issue: Hi! Desperate for help on this issue, I have tried to find a tutorial to fix and am lost! I attached a photo of what is happening on two different occasions. I believe that any time a video is playing, anything in front of it even a whole other window becomes transparent. It...
  6. My applications are transparent

My applications are transparent: Sometimes if i open up an application and another one i got see the application through the other as if it had a transparent effect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-applications-are-transparent/42e6c4fa-ceff-4d65-971f-af457b1102dd
  7. Issues with transparency.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with transparency.: I am currently running Windows 20H2 on a brand new HP Envy 15. For whatever reason, transparency effects in my os do not work. The setting is on, I have manually changed and rechanged the registry key to 1 and despite all of this, the setting refuses to work properly. Does...
  8. Taskbar Transparency issue

Taskbar Transparency issue: Whenever I restart or log in to my PC, I always have to reseat the taskbar transparency manually. Is there any way I can fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-transparency-issue/7a2d4edf-1202-44fe-ad2b-61edb877edd9
  9. Applications will start but they appear transparent

Applications will start but they appear transparent: Hello everyone, So I've been having this problem for a long time, where I would start game applications like Epic Launcher or Battle.net and they show up in task manager but not on my desktop. Now I have tried to move my applications just in case windows detects 2 monitors...
  10. How bar applications...transparent

How bar applications...transparent: I see many themes with bar applications trasparent, but i dont understand in which way i can obtain this Thank Hispa 57143