Windows 10: UWP Apps completely broken

Discus and support UWP Apps completely broken in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I tried to fix a crashing issue on my computer it's fixed now, it turned out to be a malfunctioning application and now none of my UWP apps work. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Enurzia, May 4, 2020.

1. Enurzia Win User

UWP Apps completely broken

So I tried to fix a crashing issue on my computer it's fixed now, it turned out to be a malfunctioning application and now none of my UWP apps work. I found other people with similar issues but some of them said

1. Reset the Microsoft store via settings

I don't even see the Microsoft store option so I don't think it's installed in the first place

2. Run this in admin PowerShell:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

It gave me this error message:

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:53

+ ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: C:\AppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

I have no idea what that means but I can make out that the AppXManifest.xml file doesn't exist for whatever reason

3. Run SFC

It said there were corrupted files but were unfixable

4. Update windows

I'm already up to date

5. Run the windows store app troubleshooter

Did not solve my problem

:)

Enurzia, May 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. UWP Apps completely broken :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 4, 2020
  3. UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt

Pic: Screenshot - e3291153f0df01ad3d2174770a3e7379 - Gyazo

As you can see, the Win32 app icons are completely fine, but all of the UWP app icons are corrupted. They almost appear as if they're running in some sort of safe mode.

Any suggestions?

sadisticpotato, May 4, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond UWP Apps completely broken :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. UWP Apps completely broken - Similar Threads - UWP Apps completely

2. Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps: For about a year now, my clipboard has been broken for UWP apps regular apps work fine. They used to work, I don't remember what changes I might have made to my system around the time it stopped working. Possibly a windows update.In most UWP apps, it simply doesn't work. The...
  3. Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps: For about a year now, my clipboard has been broken for UWP apps regular apps work fine. They used to work, I don't remember what changes I might have made to my system around the time it stopped working. Possibly a windows update.In most UWP apps, it simply doesn't work. The...
  4. Clipboard is broken/not functional in UWP apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All UWP apps are broken seemingly without fixes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All UWP apps are broken seemingly without fixes.: I cleaned up some stuff on my PC by hand, after which I seemingly removed a critical component of all UWP apps. Now none of them open. At all.I checked whatever errors I was getting "The app didn't start", "File system error -21...", etc, no luck.From them I tried:1....
  6. If I resize an UWP app, it is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I resize an UWP app, it is broken.: Hi, I terminated DWM.EXE again and if I resize an UWP app, it looks like it is broken. Can you help me?Look: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-resize-an-uwp-app-it-is-broken/609eeb9f-02f5-435a-b4d2-164f45e90faa
  7. If I resize an UWP app, it is broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I resize an UWP app, it is broken.: Hi, I terminated DWM.EXE again and if I resize an UWP app, it looks like it is broken. Can you help me?Look: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-resize-an-uwp-app-it-is-broken/609eeb9f-02f5-435a-b4d2-164f45e90faa
  8. UWP Icons are Broken

in Cortana
    UWP Icons are Broken: Hi, I noticed that when I do a search for a UWP App. Their icons are broken. How to fix this? See example below: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uwp-icons-are-broken/2b98db5c-3d84-4569-a478-04cc607b509c
  9. Broken shadows in UWP apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken shadows in UWP apps: [ATTACH] I have a strange problem with "broken" shadows in all UWP apps after update to 2004. It looks like if the shadow under the tooltip or menu is rendered on top of it instead. The issue remains after restart, appears and disappears randomly on its own. Here are some...
  10. Broken UWP Styling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken UWP Styling: All of my UWP apps do this weird block effect. Any ideas on what to do? Even OneNote does this. My computer is pretty new and works fine for everything but UWP apps. [ATTACH]...