Windows 10: UWP Apps Crashing

Discus and support UWP Apps Crashing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Since upgrading to 1909, I noticed I'm having issues trying to launch some of the Windows Store apps. SO far I've found issues with both the Feedback... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Dave247, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Dave247 Win User

UWP Apps Crashing

Since upgrading to 1909, I noticed I'm having issues trying to launch some of the Windows Store apps. SO far I've found issues with both the Feedback Hub and Xbox Console Companion (including beta) apps.

What happens is that the app will launch for a second, before force closing itself. Below is the error log for both apps,

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_1.1907.3152.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:

"2147942405"

Happened while starting this command:

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_1.1907.3152.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PilotshubApp.exe" -ServerName:App.AppXxsvz1hsv4s5yt1mcgqv0v7q0m7qn9gxy.mca

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.XboxAppBeta_44.59.13001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.XboxAppBeta as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:

"2147942405"

Happened while starting this command:

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxAppBeta_44.59.13001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\XboxApp.exe" -ServerName:Microsoft.XboxAppBeta.AppX5rvstdwc52fbctmys8qnnjfjbc0babxk.mca

I've already tried using SFC and DISM and despite SFC supposedly fixing a few corrupted files it hasn't changed anything with this problem.

:)

Dave247, Dec 6, 2019

2. Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

Hi,

i also posted this question in the developer forums, cause it is more appropriate there:

[UWP][HTML]Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

But to give you the asked infos:

• It is a self developed Hosted WebApp
    • The Windows is updated, Version in previous post
    • The issue started when i first tested the App offline
    • The troubleshooting steps are all described in my post
    • No Screenshot, cause the app crashes silently, when debugging the Exception comes from the WWAHost
    Greetings

Lars Wolter

LarsWolter, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Certain apps are crashing upon start. App reset, re-installation nothing seems to help. Any fixes?

The app in question are as follows:

• Engadget UWP
    • Windows Central UWP
    • CNET (Windows 8 App)
    These were working fine in AU.

I have tried App reset and re-installation from store. Nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Gupta Varun, Dec 6, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

UWP Apps Crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

UWP Apps Crashing

1. UWP Apps Crashing - Similar Threads - UWP Apps Crashing

2. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP apps keep crashing for new users: We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The issue seems to affect some devices more than others. The PCs are all running Windows 10 and have all been set up using the...
  3. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP apps keep crashing for new users: We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The issue seems to affect some devices more than others. The PCs are all running Windows 10 and have all been set up using the...
  4. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. UWP apps crash explorer after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP apps crash explorer after update: i recently updated my windows 11 machine to the latest 22h2 version but now whenever i try to open any uwp app e.g. settings, msstore, calculator, samsung flow, videos, photos etc.. explorer crashes and restarts. after it crashes a couple of times a window pops up with the...
  6. UWP apps crash explorer after update

UWP apps crash explorer after update: i recently updated my windows 11 machine to the latest 22h2 version but now whenever i try to open any uwp app e.g. settings, msstore, calculator, samsung flow, videos, photos etc.. explorer crashes and restarts. after it crashes a couple of times a window pops up with the...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing: So I am using Windows 10, and I am facing problems with the Windows 10 UWP Apps, Sometimes they crash, don't work, unresponsive etc. But the other apps e,g Microsoft Edge, .exe apps work. How do I fix those problems with the UWP Apps?...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing

Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing: So I am using Windows 10, and I am facing problems with the Windows 10 UWP Apps, Sometimes they crash, don't work, unresponsive etc. But the other apps e,g Microsoft Edge, .exe apps work. How do I fix those problems with the UWP Apps?...
  9. UWP apps crashing on startup, including Photos and Cortana

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP apps crashing on startup, including Photos and Cortana: Exactly as the title says, i cant find any working solutions, help would be appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uwp-apps-crashing-on-startup-including-photos-and/40565e65-8cfc-4d10-83a8-b33fc64c680e
  10. Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing

Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing: Currently having an issue when I launch either Calculator or the Photos app the only apps I really use on Windows 10 it crashes and force closes immediately. I tried resetting, reinstalling the apps using powershell commands following this guide here but to no avail. Also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp applications in windows 10 keep crashing even after reset