Windows 10: UWP apps failing.

Discus and support UWP apps failing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently, out of the blue, all of the apps that would come from the Microsoft Store stopped being able to boot. (This started happening around two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Magnimosity, Aug 13, 2019.

1. UWP apps failing.

So recently, out of the blue, all of the apps that would come from the Microsoft Store stopped being able to boot. (This started happening around two weeks ago) Everything from the Calculator, to the Calendar, to Mail, to Groove Music, to Photos, Xbox Companion, and even the Microsoft Store itself and everything in between. The window would simply would just pop up, and crash, no error code or anything. So, after trying a few things, I decided to Fresh Start in which I was confident would fix it. For some reason, it didn't. All UWPs (except for Edge, which was oddly fixed) still wouldn't work, this time, no window was appearing at all. It would instead act as if it was trying to install it from the Microsoft Store. (Which like the others, wouldn't boot either) It would dim, have the little white progress bar under the app for a second or two, and disappear, act like it had installed. But, if I would try to open the app, the exact same thing would happen. Nothing had changed. I tried resetting them in settings, and that didn't work. In fact, when going to any UWP, it would say it was 0 bytes large. I then tried the troubleshooter, just to see if it would come up with anything. It saw that the apps were crashing, but had no fix. I tried reinstalling them with PowerShell, once again, nothing. I then talked to customer support, they gave me an ISO file which once again, very oddly, didn't fix anything. I then tried factory resetting it while keeping my files as a final resort, and once again, nothing. I am 100% stuck, and any ideas would be appreciated. No Windows update either. Thank you!

PS. I am running 1903, which might be part of this problem and probably is, before I downgrade, I just thought I would ask the community because I REALLY find some of the new beta features useful.

:)

Magnimosity, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

UWP apps failing. 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Certain apps are crashing upon start. App reset, re-installation nothing seems to help. Any fixes?

The app in question are as follows:

• Engadget UWP
    • Windows Central UWP
    • CNET (Windows 8 App)
    These were working fine in AU.

I have tried App reset and re-installation from store. Nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Gupta Varun, Aug 13, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

UWP apps failing.

DaveM121, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

UWP apps failing.

1. UWP apps failing. - Similar Threads - UWP apps failing

2. Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212: Since patch KB5008212 was installed, printing has stopped working in the UWP app I'm developing. Also the official microsoft samples to print doesn't work either https://github.com/microsoft/windows-universal-samples/tree/main/Samples/Printing. Uninstalling the patch got it...
  3. Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212: Since patch KB5008212 was installed, printing has stopped working in the UWP app I'm developing. Also the official microsoft samples to print doesn't work either https://github.com/microsoft/windows-universal-samples/tree/main/Samples/Printing. Uninstalling the patch got it...
  4. Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. UWP apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP apps not working: Hello, I am using a Surface Pro (2017) on the slow ring of Windows Insider. Over the couple last weeks, performance was so slow it began making the machine useless. I did a backup of all my files and decided to do a fresh install of Windows. To my surprise however, I was...
  6. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  7. Update UWP app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update UWP app: At bootup I keep getting this DOS window that says "Update UWP file?" It slows down my bootup noticeably! I researched this heading and found that the MIcrosoft Store Apps Settings should be Automatically ON. I followed the instructions and discovered thatthis feature is ON...
  8. UWP Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  9. Windows UWP apps fail to start except one.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows UWP apps fail to start except one.: - Hi! I'm Running 1803 and i get this weird error whenever i try to do anything with UWP Related app (Except one: State of Decay 2). It roughly opens up an error box stating "File system error -2147219196". I tried to enforce app re-rollout Get-AppXPackage | Foreach...
  10. The Lifecycle of a UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App: Lifecycle management in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is critical for the efficient use of battery power and memory. When done correctly, it allows the user to multitask between apps without needing to know anything about these resource optimizations. Today’s post...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all uwp apps windows 10 1903