Windows 10: UWP apps fonts

Discus and support UWP apps fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 3 PCs: Desktop 1 Desktop 2 Laptop One day I noticed that the font size/spacing is different for UWP apps while using the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by spysmily1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. spysmily1 Win User

UWP apps fonts

I have 3 PCs:

Desktop 1

Desktop 2

Laptop

One day I noticed that the font size/spacing is different for UWP apps while using the Windows 10 settings app. The two images show easily show a difference when switching between them in the sentences. Desktop 1 and Laptop are similar. Desktop 2 is the one with the larger/more spaced looking font.

All have scaling at 100%.

All have 1920x1080 resolutions.

All have cleartype turned off.

Desktop 1 and 2 monitors are the exact same model with exact same settings on the monitor.

I've ran 1 other UWP app and it shows differences too.

Anyone else have this problem or know of possible things to look for.

Desktop 1

UWP apps fonts 81f68154-82bc-4a66-a9b9-7d2f4d763e4f?upload=true.png

Desktop 2

UWP apps fonts dd3d75be-70e9-4e64-a4da-8cf1afa2640b?upload=true.png

Laptop

UWP apps fonts 99f8beae-ef0d-49d2-b8c5-ba8bb7b52206?upload=true.png

:)

spysmily1, Jul 19, 2019

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 19, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

UWP apps fonts

Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

UWP apps fonts

1. UWP apps fonts - Similar Threads - UWP apps fonts

2. Default UWP apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default UWP apps: Hi, I wanted to understand, If there are any Default UWP apps that comes with vanilla Win10 Prof OS. If yes, how can i verify which are the UWP apps that are currently installed. Is there command to pull the list....
  3. UWP apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP apps not working: Hello, I am using a Surface Pro (2017) on the slow ring of Windows Insider. Over the couple last weeks, performance was so slow it began making the machine useless. I did a backup of all my files and decided to do a fresh install of Windows. To my surprise however, I was...
  4. Windows UWP apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  5. Windows 10 UWP apps have bad font rendering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 UWP apps have bad font rendering: [ATTACH] I'm using Windows 10 Home Insider Preview (Fast), I see all UWP apps (include Photos, Setting,...) have bad font rendering, but I not sure it is Windows problem or my laptop problem Setting (bad font rendering) Photo (bad font rendering) File Explorer...
  6. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  7. Update UWP app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update UWP app: At bootup I keep getting this DOS window that says "Update UWP file?" It slows down my bootup noticeably! I researched this heading and found that the MIcrosoft Store Apps Settings should be Automatically ON. I followed the instructions and discovered thatthis feature is ON...
  8. UWP apps failing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP apps failing.: So recently, out of the blue, all of the apps that would come from the Microsoft Store stopped being able to boot. (This started happening around two weeks ago) Everything from the Calculator, to the Calendar, to Mail, to Groove Music, to Photos, Xbox Companion, and even the...
  9. UWP Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  10. The Lifecycle of a UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App: Lifecycle management in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is critical for the efficient use of battery power and memory. When done correctly, it allows the user to multitask between apps without needing to know anything about these resource optimizations. Today’s post...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp font resource